Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
:

I have a lot of faith that Segel knows the magic formula to put these Muppets back in their zone. We have had a bit too much Stepford Muppeting in recent years. They seemed okay, but a little while into the majority of these projects they proved to be lobotomized to exhibit out of character behavior that was either too kiddie or overly snarky. There have been some shining moments, but they were too few and far between. The majority of new Muppet media has been so promising. I am truly stoked.
Oh, there's no doubt they would avoid all of that as much as possible. They have stated that what we want to see is exactly the same as what they want to see.

That said, since they're co-stars in the show... I really hope they find a place for Neil Patrick Harris in this film. He was just electric in both his apperances in Sesame Street this year.

muppetwannabe

Reaction score
Yeah the guest stars in the Muppet Movies used to be classic but they aren't as good anymore! I actually liked the Muppets from Space Muppets Wizzard of Oz is where they are going down hill! I liked the movie ok but it just wasn't one of their best efforts I hope the next one is alot better! Does anyone know if there is a plot yet? If so What will the movie be about?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess this is what they call the calm before the storm...
It's more like the calm before the script is finalized. Look at how long it took for the Fraggle Film to even get to the scripting and rewrite stage....

dabauckham

Reaction score
That said, since they're co-stars in the show... I really hope they find a place for Neil Patrick Harris in this film. He was just electric in both his apperances in Sesame Street this year.
YES! Neil Patrick Harris ROCKS! :crazy:

bluebomber95

Reaction score
From The Muppet Newsflash:
Variety is reporting that Disney has just signed a deal with Jason Segel and Nick Stoller to help create the next Muppet movie. According to reports, Segel and Stoller will write the script while Stoller will direct the proposed Muppet film. This project is very much in its infancy and is still a long way off, but I will be sure to keep you up to date as soon as more information on this project becomes available.
It will probally take a year or two until we see it (they still have to write it, you know) - but I have been told by several people at Disney that the hope is to get the Muppet back to the big screen before the end of the decade (2010).
:smile:
:mad: I cannot wait that long! I need my fix of Muppets! Oh, well, I guess we should all be happy that they're making a Muppet Movie. But, I really hope this doesn't go into developmental ****. That's the only thing I'm worried about.

unclematt

Reaction score
Hopefully we will get a few more TV specials before the movie comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.