Jim Henson's Pajanimals

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Although I'm disgusted to hear that 4Kids (the worst dubber of Japanese anime, ever) is teaming up with the Jim Henson Company (the best kids' company, ever!) to launch merchandise to tie in with the show's debut in November.
Errgh. Makes me think of Yu Gi Oh * Shudder *

Luke

Reaction score
At first on hearing about this i thought here's yet another stinker from JHC (Animal Jam, Tomie De Paulo) but on seeing it, my my, this has serious potential, The puppetry, writing and direction are beautiful. I've always thought JHC are great at kids telly when they get it right (Hoobs, Moppatop, Fraggle and Bear being good examples) and i think they've hit on something here. Hope it takes off!

I honestly think they do need to streamline what theyre doing tho - dump skrumps, dump puppetup, dump plans for any book adaptions, dump the embarrassing Sam Plenty - just concentrate on Fraggle, Pajanimals, the Weinstein fairy story movies, and sort out some kind of new Farscape style sci-fi. When they take on too much the quality tends to go right down.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I must admit I find this show very cute, But I wish we saw some actual footage; not just a song.

Teenager's

Reaction score
Yea. I think this will be an interesting show.

Just a side note though......I like the design.....but for all of them except the duck the mouths really overpower the face and you lose eye contact Really easily....Just watch that clip & the dogs nose blocks his eyes Really well when he's trying to sing a sincere song....

It just works against them.

Great song & cinematography though!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Wow..they all have the same mom?:confused: I wonder if they are adopted....I really like the horse :smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
It's the dog that does it for me as my favourite one. But I don't think that the mother is a mother as such, merely a carer (eg. Ms Clavelle in Madeline).

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Just thought of something. Mother can refer to a nun as a rank, so what if they are in the care of a nun. That or mom "Midnight snuggled" with 4 different dads.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Just thought of something. Mother can refer to a nun as a rank, so what if they are in the care of a nun. That or mom "Midnight snuggled" with 4 different dads.
Dum dum daah:eek:! Oh, the gossip! But that is likely...

Luke

Reaction score
I can just see the meeting now at Jim Henson Company studios -

Brian - I know, lets do a puppet show with a nun who sleeps around

Lisa - OOoh yeah, and we can get Snoop Dog back to play the priest

:eek: