Together Again: A Muppet FanFiction

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Heh... Ari, have you gone through Toga's HOTSAM yet? *Warning: You'll need a teddy bear just for your teddy bear.
*ahem* Also... I've heard Prawnie's Mid-Age Crisis is getting really good too... *shifty eyes* :shifty:

*end shameless plug* :halo:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If you posted an update to that... :rolleyes: Do we need to lock you inyour room again?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Muffins, muffins, I love when my stories get muffined. :smile:

I'm teasing. I will have more of this coming soon, I do know that.

In the meantime, enjoy some muffins here and a tall glass of milk.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Haha!

I have been reading Half of the Stairs are Missing and Mid-Age Crisis and I love them both and would love updates on those fics very soon! Would also love updates on Heart of Gold and no, I'll never stop asking, hehe:big_grin:

I've just figured out that July 1st will be the debut of the Calendar Girl Series so keep your eyest peeled. Have a good day everyone and please post updates on all your wonderful stories soon!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
OK....Ok...um...ok...I'm nervous about this chapter. I didn't have anyone read it first so um, yeah...just know it's going to get a little darker again. I just have to put that disclaimer out there. But we're really hitting the so called "low point" of this story if that helps. Ok, I don't want to say anymore, if this offends anyone or anything, please forgive me.

October 11th, 2001 – Evening

“Turn it up; I don’t want to miss it!”

“What are we watching again?”

“The Concert for New York on VH1, remember?”

“Oh that’s right; it’s so great the Electric Mayhem is getting to perform there!”

“They’re performing there? I thought that they were going there protest the unfair treatment of pickled pigs feet.”

“Gonzo, you never change!”

Kermit smiled at his friends gathered in his apartment. Back in the old days this constant bantering used to drive him nuts, but now he was thankful for it. He gathered everyone together to watch the live performance of the benefit concert so they could see their friends perform.

“Hey Kermit, is Dr. Teeth going to put in a plug for the show?” asked Fozzie.

“No, I told them, this benefit is about the victims from the attacks, we’ll have plenty of publicity without it,” said Kermit.

“Especially now that Piggy’s back in,” said Rowlf smiling at his friend. Kermit had filled in everyone when they had arrived back at the restaurant that he and Piggy had somewhat reconciled a few hours ago.

“How does it feel to have finally talked with her Boss?” asked Scooter.

“I feel good, I feel like a weight’s been lifted off my shoulders,” said Kermit.

“Hey look, I think the Electric Mayhem is starting,” said Wanda pointing at the television.

“Hello New York! We’ve been residing across the pond for awhile now, but we’re still Americans and we’re darn proud of that fact!” said Floyd which garnered large cheers from the audience. Then the band started playing “God Bless the USA.”

Kermit relaxed back in his chair and smiled. He really was feeling good.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Piggy sheepishly approached the hotel when the taxi dropped her off. She knew she was in trouble.

Lady Holiday and her entourage were just coming down the stairs to their waiting limo as Piggy went to step inside the hotel.

“Piggy! Where on earth have you been? I said ONE hour, not FOUR,” said Lady Holiday.

“I’m very sorry Lady Holiday, I ran into an old friend of mine and time got away from me,” said Piggy fibbing just a little.

“Well, you were no help to me when I needed you today and will be no help to me this evening, so go wait in your hotel room and I’ll decide what to do with you later,” threatened Lady Holiday.

Piggy was a little shocked she did not get fired on the spot, but now figured she would have all evening to write her letter of resignation. She would hand it to Lady Holiday in the morning and then go to Kermit.

She found her room and unlocked the door.

“Well there’s the princess. Where’ve you been?” slurred Nicky. Piggy dropped her purse. She didn’t realize Nicky was not with his sister.

“I told you I was going shopping remember?” said Piggy.

“Well you’ve been gone just way too long,” said Nicky stumbling out of the chair. It was obvious he had been drinking.

“Time got away from me, I’m very sorry. Now let’s get you some coffee and we can talk,” said Piggy, she had dealt with him in this state before.

“Oh we’re gonna talk,” said Nicky slamming his glass on the table.

Piggy was getting scared. Nicky was not pleasant when he drank, but she had never really seen him like this.

“Um, what do we need to talk about?” asked Piggy a little confused.

“I saw you with that green frog. I saw you kiss him. How could you do that to me?” asked Nicky stepping closer to Piggy.

“How did you see that? Did you follow me?” asked Piggy. There was no use denying what was true and she should have known Nicky wouldn't trust her.

“Yes I did, I knew you weren’t going shopping. You were acting so strange, I took the next cab after you. Now I know the truth, you were sneaking off to cheat on me,” said Nicky almost in Piggy’s face.

Piggy stepped around Nicky and ran further into the room.

“Now Nicky, I told you about my past relationship with Kermit, I had to see him, I had to see that he was ok after 9/11,” said Piggy.

“You told me you didn’t love him anymore, why did you kiss him?” asked Nicky.

“It’s really complex Nicky; I don’t think I could explain it all. But I know how I feel now. I had to learn the difference between wrong and right. You’re wrong. He’s right,” sighed Piggy.

“I can’t believe you would do this to me,” said Nicky as his shoulders started to droop.

“I’m sorry Nicky. You were there for me during some very difficult years and I’ll never forget that. But I have to move on,” said Piggy.

“Fine, I understand,” said Nicky looking at the floor.

“Great, I’ll go find a hotel room somewhere else for tonight,” said Piggy walking past him to the door and grabbing her purse. Suddenly she felt Nicky grab her from behind.

“I understand, but you’re not going anywhere. If I can’t have you, no one will,” fumed Nicky.

Before Piggy knew what was happening Nicky was throwing her to the ground, beating her with his fists. She tried to scream but no sound would come out. She sat up to try and defend herself, once upon a time she was strong enough to do so, but her many years of depression and despair left her weakened and no longer able to physically fight.

The thought even crossed her mind as things started happening in slow motion, that a good karate chop would take care of him no problem, but she couldn’t lift herself up to do it.

Then she was thrown hard against the wall and kicked several times. Then she suddenly had no more thoughts. Her mind felt blank.

“You’re just a useless piece of garbage, I do not know why I wasted so many years with you,” said Nicky as he left the room. It was the last thing she heard before the room went dark.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Well I'll be I didn't expected the story to take a turn, THAT dark.

I mean couldn't Piggy have used her Karate in a time like this ? :mad:

Still it was a great update and nice showing how quickly the gang is regaining their friendships.

Please do keep up this great and magnificent story telling idea of yours. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Hugs Bethykins tightly. Keeeeeeeeeeeermiiiiiiit! ! !
Oh, the drama. You should know we're used to you putting your roomies in tough spots like these... So it's great to get an emotional update like this. Please... Post more?
*Leaves cookies. 8D

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<STARES>

<Jaw drops>

...<distributes teddy bears> <pats Beth's shoulder> I... I know how you feel. I have posted some chapters that made me beat my chest. It's rough, ain't it?

Wow. Um... wow.

Well, first of all, let me say that I LOVE the line you lifted from GMC. Excellent!

Also, I'm pleased that Lady Holiday didn't fire Piggy immediately. It wouldn't have surprised me if she had, but, slight though it may be, I feel like after so many years, Lady Holiday probably cares about Piggy, too... thus less prone to firing. It's not an automatic thing; it's something she has to decide about.

OH! And! I love that Kermit is now grateful for the banter that used to drive him nuts. That's... so Kermity.

...And now... I'm going to sit here, and hug Piggy protectively, and fret, and beg for more story.

...Yes, I want more... I'm an emotional masochist. And, I have lots of teddy bears.

<ahem> MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Oh my! Poor Piggy

definitely disapointed she couldn't karate chop that **** Nicky into next week! but understandable after all of those years of turmoil.

Now's the time for Kermit to come to her rescue and punch the daylights out of Nicky--or get Animal to, haha!

Amazing update; can't wait for more, so post more soon please! :smile: