Muppet Kubrick Collection

karamazov80

Reaction score
And even if a character isnt very well known here in Japan, the fact that it is popular in the states will tend to make it popular here as well.
Interesting, so it's kind of an interest in "Americana" more than any intrinsic interest in the actual characters or licenses?

shimauta

Reaction score
Interesting, so it's kind of an interest in "Americana" more than any intrinsic interest in the actual characters or licenses?
Well, I dont mean to say that everything in America will be popular in Japan just because it is from America. However oftentimes with movies for example they will wait until the movie has been a success in the States so that they can advertise it that way. I have also seen several "character" stores that carry nothing but American merchandise. Oftentimes the characters will be well-known in the states but not really known here.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yesterday, I got my Nightmare Before Christmas kubricks of Jack as the Pumpkin King and the Clown with the tear away face to add to my collection now.

I love the clown, it's so awesome to have him. :big_grin::excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the final two. They're fun looking, but very much remind me of Monsters Inc background characters. Not specific ones, just the look of them. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I couldn't help it! I just purchased a Supreme Kermit Kubrick that will be shipping soon. I figured he'd be placed with the Sesame Street assortment. :smile:

Since I already have all the Muppets characters and exclusives and all of the Sesame characters and exclusive (except for the 6 multi-colored Elmo variants, of course because regular Elmo is more than enough) I felt buying the Kermit exlusive was only fitting. It also shows support for the Muppet lines that Medicom may or may not take note. :wink:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I couldn't help it! I just purchased a Supreme Kermit Kubrick that will be shipping soon. I figured he'd be placed with the Sesame Street assortment. :smile:

Since I already have all the Muppets characters and exclusives and all of the Sesame characters and exclusive (except for the 6 multi-colored Elmo variants, of course because regular Elmo is more than enough) I felt buying the Kermit exlusive was only fitting. It also shows support for the Muppet lines that Medicom may or may not take note. :wink:

jamie dude, lol, I knew youd break down and buy that Supreme Kermit Kubrick on eBay :smirk:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I couldn't help it! I just purchased a Supreme Kermit Kubrick that will be shipping soon. I figured he'd be placed with the Sesame Street assortment.

Since I already have all the Muppets characters and exclusives and all of the Sesame characters and exclusive (except for the 6 multi-colored Elmo variants, of course because regular Elmo is more than enough) I felt buying the Kermit exlusive was only fitting. It also shows support for the Muppet lines that Medicom may or may not take note.
Dude, I'm the one you outbidded for that Kermit Kubrick, :smile:. That's cool though, what a small world in many ways.