1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Kubrick Collection

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by frogboy4, May 1, 2008.

1. karamazov80

karamazov80 New Member

Interesting, so it's kind of an interest in "Americana" more than any intrinsic interest in the actual characters or licenses?
  2. shimauta

shimauta Member

Well, I dont mean to say that everything in America will be popular in Japan just because it is from America. However oftentimes with movies for example they will wait until the movie has been a success in the States so that they can advertise it that way. I have also seen several "character" stores that carry nothing but American merchandise. Oftentimes the characters will be well-known in the states but not really known here.
  3. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Yesterday, I got my Nightmare Before Christmas kubricks of Jack as the Pumpkin King and the Clown with the tear away face to add to my collection now.

I love the clown, it's so awesome to have him. :D:excited:
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

What are the Henson Critters?
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm still waiting for the final two. They're fun looking, but very much remind me of Monsters Inc background characters. Not specific ones, just the look of them. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. ;)
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I couldn't help it! I just purchased a Supreme Kermit Kubrick that will be shipping soon. I figured he'd be placed with the Sesame Street assortment. :)

Since I already have all the Muppets characters and exclusives and all of the Sesame characters and exclusive (except for the 6 multi-colored Elmo variants, of course because regular Elmo is more than enough) I felt buying the Kermit exlusive was only fitting. It also shows support for the Muppet lines that Medicom may or may not take note. ;)
  7. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

jamie dude, lol, I knew youd break down and buy that Supreme Kermit Kubrick on eBay :smirk:
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My name is Jamie and I'm a Muppet Kubrick addict! :o
  9. a_Mickey_Muppet

hahaha! :) well its safe to say... Hi, my name is Stevie and Im a JUST STARTING disney kubrick addict too! :p
  10. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Dude, I'm the one you outbidded for that Kermit Kubrick, :). That's cool though, what a small world in many ways.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Which begs the question... how well known are characters like Count Chocula over there?
  12. karamazov80

karamazov80 New Member

13. a_Mickey_Muppet

thanks for that link karamazov80, i JUST bought one from that link! So happy! :) Oh! and Jamie! I broke down and bought the Supreme Kermit kubrick off ebay tonight aswell! :D .... LOL, i knew it'd happen!
  14. karamazov80

karamazov80 New Member

Hey Mickey ("you're so fine," etc. :) ), be sure to post if everything goes smoothly with that seller. He's got some other things that I would be interested in buying if he is legit. I saw the link listed on a Star Wars site as being fairly reputable, but it was from a year ago.
  15. shimauta

shimauta Member

Characters like Count Chocula are not extremely popular, but I see him quite often in character stores. Here are two examples:
    http://www.junk-yard.jp/american/index2.html
    http://sunbridge-shop.seesaa.net/shop/goods/SFNC001336.html

According to the leading Kubrick fan site, the Count Chocula Kubrick was made specifically for Toy Tokyo in New York. The fact that it was made for America and has been difficult to find here in Japan has made it more popular here.
    http://www.kubism.net/cgi-bin/sfs6_...n=article&year=2007&month=09&day=04&mynum=859
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. I know the Kellogs line had some Japanese only characters (I'd need to check Topher's Cereal Guide to get the specific names), and Elephant and a Gorilla. I wonder if this means they'll make more US exclusives like Chocula. I see them at a local chain store, Newburry Comics, where they sell some Kubricks.
  17. shimauta

shimauta Member

Yeah, the Elephant is named Melvin and the Gorilla is Konbo. I havent seen the Konbo cereal around but Melvin Choco Wa is pretty tasty.
  18. karamazov80

karamazov80 New Member

19. shimauta

shimauta Member

If there are ever any Kubricks that you cant find in the states let me know. They come up on the auction sites here quite often.
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet

heyyyy... JUST got my Miss Piggy Muppet kubrick in the mail tonight.... that was FAST! and they also gave me a disney Bambi Kubrick for FREE! :) that was nice of them :wisdom: