Saturday Morning memories thread

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I guess I see you're point. I don't want to get into it. You have to consider he performers that are available and when they and and how often they and a lot of factors. You can't always go back to the way things once were.
True, but you also cannot let one character run the whole thing.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
True, but you also cannot let one character run the whole thing.
It depends. I see what you're saying, but reality dictates that it's is necessary for it survivable now days. It just a different time and it's like Carroll said, they could probably use the money.:smirk:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It depends. I see what you're saying, but reality dictates that it's is necessary for it survivable now days. It just a different time and it's like Carroll said, they could probably use the money.:smirk:
If they would split Elmo's World into its own show, that would generate revenue.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And the "something" sucks horribly.

Though I have to say Sushi Pack is enjoyable. But due to the pressures to keep it a TV E/I show (so it can actually air on SatAm), they watered down the show with idiotic common sense morals, and the preachiness keeps the show from becoming what it could have been. And 2 of the head writers for Animaniacs were behind it (productionwise), so I was a little dissappointed by it. Again, not a bad show, but had it aired somewhere else where it didn't need TV E/I, and they didn't have to crush 2 episodes into a half hour (another thing the network made them do) they would have had something great. I could see a toy line stemming out of it though... the characters pretty much look like those hip Vynal toys everyone's screaming for.

I give them credit for having the fortitude to actually air new programming, instead of copping out and tossing down ready made reruns of crappy cable shows (like they used to do with the poop of Nick Jr). Though I will say, that year they reran Hey Arnold was great. I don't have cable, so I didn't get a chance to see it that much.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Though I have to say Sushi Pack is enjoyable. But due to the pressures to keep it a TV E/I show (so it can actually air on SatAm), they watered down the show with idiotic common sense morals, and the preachiness keeps the show from becoming what it could have been.
You mean something like The Bernstein Bears previous show?:stick_out_tongue:

Xerus

Reaction score
Yeah, Sushi Pack is the only cartoon I'll watch on PBS.

Also it seemed like educational and instructional rules were enforced back in the 70's and 80's as well. There was Yogi's Gang where Yogi and his HB friends end up traveling the world stopping villains that make the world a bad place and everyone learns something in the end.

Also, Filmation was famous for teaching us morals in most of their shows. Especially in Fat Albert and He-Man.

And in Rankin/Bass shows like Thundercats and Silverhawks, I heard that psychiatrists helped the writers with the episodes so kids could learn something positive on each show.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Y
AThere was Yogi's Gang where Yogi and his HB friends end up traveling the world stopping villains that make the world a bad place and everyone learns something in the end.
Anythng is better then "Yo-Yogi"...:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, Filmation was famous for teaching us morals in most of their shows. Especially in Fat Albert and He-Man.

You know, I respected what Filmation did. They wanted to keep their animation studios in the US. But... well, they came up with some of the sappiest stuff on Tv at the time. Fat Albert indefinately excluded. That show was brilliant. But I really didn't like their take on Tom and Jerry or Droopy (I did when I was younger, actually :smirk: ). And 2 Gilligans Island cartoons, including one where they're in space. I ask you, considering Gilligan's actions when they were stranded on an island at sea, why the shell would you entrust him on a rocket ship?