Saturday Morning memories thread

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And now, it has lost its color and its feathers are being plucked.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It makes me sad that kids these days are stuck with imports from other countries (don't get me wrong, I do love anime, but it shouldn't take over Saturday cartoon lineups!) or reruns from another channel (Discovery Kids, anyone?), or corny live-action tween shows. NOTHING is made exclusively for Saturdays anymore.
You know, other than Dinoking and YuGiOh GX reruns, there actually aren't any Japanese imports on basic, non-cable TV. In fact, other than a few impossible to find anime channels, the only place that even airs it is CN. Problem was, about half the series we got, frankly were terribly similar. And the most anime has really been on non cable Tv was when Fox Kids was still around. And their choices were TERRIBLE. An overedited Escaflowne that everyone apparently hates, and a bunch of shows that were popular only because of Pokemon (Digimon, Moncolly Knights). And of course, 4Kids initial line up. Even back when we had syndication, we had Samurai pizza Cats (sue me. I love that mad cap American Dub) and Dragon ball.

I did enjoy things like Kirby, Sonic X (cuz it's frankly one of the better Sonic shows- though Dic's SatAM was the best), Shaman King and ESPECIALLY Ultimate Muscle (If anyone ever finds M.U.S.C.L.E.s lying around their house and wants to get rid of them, send 'em my way!) And I did like, dubious dub and all, One Piece (though the book was much better anyway). But most of it was videogame ads or some sort of toyetic franchise. And nothing from the old school 80's era... well... I'm wrong. Cartoon Network tried, and failed, with the Saint Seyia anime. But that sort of thing is unsuccessful.

All we're really getting is reruns and things from third hand studios (we're actually quite overrun by Canadian imports... not a bad thing if we just got more good things from them). But I REALLY am missing WB's programming already, and this was they year they decided to throw in the towel.

None of the major studios wants to make a TV series that isn;'t for cable. Even Dreamworks is going direct to Nick.

Sad thing is, 4Kids is pretty much the only studio available to have the greedy sell outs at the CW sell their line up to.

As for Qubo, I prefer to watch the VeggieTales on DVD. But it's great to see some brand new 3-2-1 Penguins. Jacob Two-Two is a pretty neat show from Canada and I'm hoping they'll start airing the rest of the episodes soon instead of last year's repeats.
Personally, NBC had been dead to me since 1992, when they decided to run nothing but hack Saved by the Bell ripoffs. SBTB is okay, the star of the show is CLEARLY Screetch and maybe the principle if you wanna get technical, but all the others were just awful.

But as for CBS... well, they're at least being provocative, and running original programming. Sure, it's from current era DIC (the studio's glory years were the 80's. I said it) and most of them are just terrible (Ever watch Dino Squad? YUCKKA!), and to fit the stupid TV E/I requirement, everything has to be preachy, and not in a fun Fat Albert way. But it's SOMETHING.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeeaah...Letting your co-stars shine every often is veerry complicated...:rolleyes:
I guess I see you're point. I don't want to get into it. You have to consider he performers that are available and when they and and how often they and a lot of factors. You can't always go back to the way things once were.