Your Thoughts: Kermit and Fozzie on The View

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Did they say anything about the new movie?
I totally missed this show sadly but in the radio interview in LA Steve (kermit) & Erik (fozzie) had no idea what they where talking about, which makes me wonder if Segel is just blowing smoke up our butts.
Or if he's not he's not told these 2 performers.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A View of 3 Wallflowers, Whoopi and the Muppets!

:smile: Personally as a fan I am bored with the Kermit - Miss Piggy dynamic. They need to shelve a lot of that for a while and it appears that they are getting it rather than perpetuating it. Kudos to Steve for clearing the path for other interesting opportunities at humor. I adore the pig, but the gang is called the Muppets, not Miss Piggy and her Muppets. There's a danger for over-exposure there.

:wink: Barbara Walters (who I believe was missing because either Eric or Steve puppeteers her now) has always been a problematic figure in news. There's much to admire and many cringe-worthy Babs moments too. The View was intended to explore the perspectives of 5 sophisticated women of different ages and backgrounds. It ends up being just another tabloid talk show. It says more about the daytime audience than it does the show (even though they're slumming for ratings). That whole segment on Denise Richards? Other than being a bit player in Hollywood and the worst Bond girl in history what's her appeal? It's kind of hard to feel anything for either her or her ex-husband and I don't want to hear about her reality show, whining or conquests. This is why I avoid the E channel these days too.

:embarrassed: Rant on that over. It was just a set up to say that there was little-to-no time for the Muppets! The questions were mostly stale, but I fully support the frog and bear dynamic. That's component has been largely missing. What's more fun - spending time with a buddy and his girlfriend or spending time with a buddy and his best friend? I hope there's more Kermit and Fozzie!

(On another note, in the other radio interview Greg posted: Kermit was asked what other classic literature characters he'd like to play. The frog responded that he wasn't interested in doing that these days and he'd be playing himself for a while. Yaaaaaay!)

travellingpat

Reaction score
the interview was okayyy not great, i thought one clip would have been fine and more interviewing time, but oh well, at least theyre on tv still not lurking in the shadows as much as they have been recently

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Barbara Walters (who I believe was missing because either Eric or Steve puppeteers her now)
I had to read this a second time. Hillarious!

And I agree with you on the Kermit and Piggy thing. I like it, but I think it gets overdone.

Maybe for the next season the Electric Mayhem could go around promoting it. :big_grin: :sing: :flirt:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would like to see Rowlf and Kermit together to promote a release. Now that they've got two different puppeteers I see a golden opportunity. They could feasibly have Kermit, Rowlf, Gonzo and Fozzie together for something. That would be special. No interviewer would be able to get a word in! :smile: :sympathy: :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
:wink: Barbara Walters (who I believe was missing because either Eric or Steve puppeteers her now) has always been a problematic figure in news. There's much to admire and many cringe-worthy Babs moments too. The View was intended to explore the perspectives of 5 sophisticated women of different ages and backgrounds. It ends up being just another tabloid talk show. It says more about the daytime audience than it does the show (even though they're slumming for ratings). That whole segment on Denise Richards? Other than being a bit player in Hollywood and the worst Bond girl in history what's her appeal? It's kind of hard to feel anything for either her or her ex-husband and I don't want to hear about her reality show, whining or conquests. This is why I avoid the E channel these days too.
Personally, I could care less about the show. I mean, it jumped the shark when Lisa Ling got replaced by Consevative Barbie. I have no problem whatsoever with conservative view points. But if you're going to argue something like that, use logic. She once said Al Gore was a hypocrite because his Oscar wasn't biodegradable. Yeah..... that sounds a little like that Miss America that said the world's biggest problem is no one has access to maps. if you need a conservative viewpoint, get someone good. And not a loud mouth saying shocking crud. Someone who can argue a point with logic.

Anyway, because the issues they discuss are usually female slanted, of course they wanted to get Denise Richards on there. other than Woopie, they were pretty much brown nosing her (I felt). I wonder if they would pander to that harpie that divorced Paul McCartney. She's not famous for anything but marrying Charlie Sheen, and pretending to have a sense of humor about the divorce (going onto 2 and a Half men to make fun of it), and then makijng it turn ugly.

What I really wanted someone to say was this...

You're TV show is exploitive, and self indulgent. Charlie's show is a sitcom, and they often poke fun at his infamous women problems (we know what they are). Plus, the show's not just about him. it's also about Jon Cryer, and that doofus kid of his. And of course, their evil mother.

And people like to see something that makes them laugh. Why get involved with other people who have more money and more fame than you'll ever get and their problems?

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Darn it to heck! I missed this. I wish I'd seen it, but then again I see enough chickens clucking watching the Muppet Show. Anyone have the YouTube link? Should I put the audio on the show this week (is it really worth it)?

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Darn it to heck! I missed this. I wish I'd seen it, but then again I see enough chickens clucking watching the Muppet Show. Anyone have the YouTube link? Should I put the audio on the show this week (is it really worth it)?
It's not really worth it...Kind of worth it.

But here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS-QAj500qY

I actually liked the show a lot. The only thing that bothered me was when Fozzie said "Those two old guys in the balcony" instead of Statler and Waldorf. Try to explain things to younger and other generations probably should not sacrifice the characters. Of course Fozzie knows their names. :sleep: :boo:

The rest of it was pretty good. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Only agree on one point, but the rest...I have to agree to completely disagree

Mm-hm. I believe they shelved it for "Muppets In Space" and we all know what a blockbuster THAT was. (I remember sitting in that theater thinking: "Wow. Jim really is dead isn't he?")

I'm not saying Piggy has to make all the appearances - I'm especially not saying that because the appearances we HAVE seen of her have been passable to abysmal. Eric sucks as Piggy IMO.

I'm saying that if the frog-pig dynamic is boring some people, it's because Kermit keeps giving us the same old schtick. And since he's pretty much an old schtick himself, he (or rather his handler or whoever passes as his writer these days) needs to watch that.

I can tell you this...if there is no Kermit/Piggy flirtation in the new film as there was in the Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper (the only 2 good muppet movies IMO), I'm staying away from this new one. IF it gets made, and I'd bet that's a pretty big if.
Wow. Where do I start?

-I think Eric does a spectacular Piggy

-The public's exposure to the Muppets mostly seems to be just frog or just frog and pig when there's so much more that could be pleasing to all without over-playing the Kermit-Piggy relationship.

-Steve does a great Kermit. It's not his performance that makes the dynamic dusty. It's over-exposure of this one facet of the Muppets that eclipses the rest of their greatness.

-Muppets From Space faultered for many reasons. It had little or nothing to do with the frog's personal life. In fact, he was barely in it! That's part of it.

-The first two Muppet films are the best - I agree. And even though Caper has lots of Piggy it also features a lot of the whole cast.

-I love the relationship of the frog and the pig and it should be a part of the next film (and every film). I'm just tired of it taking over most of the Muppet appearances and I aint alone. The pig is best in smaller doses. No matter how this schtick is played the core of it gets watered down the more it's pulled out.

-Again, have to say I think Eric and Steve do fantastic jobs!