Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I thought some one on the MC boards said something on there own web page about RIZZO :shifty: being next or something? :confused: ..... Or..... is Stevie here losing it? lol
Terry said something about being commissioned to design the Piggy poser next. I think Rizzo got bumped. I kind of hope to see other Muppets before him anyway. I'm very much a classic Muppet fan, but if it comes down to filling that size slot - Pepe is more striking, beautiful and fun (with all the arms etc) than the rat. I'd want Robin or even Camilla before Rizzo, but if they made him I'd buy him. My first choices after the pig, of course, are Scooter, Rowlf, Sam, Teeth and Beaker.

All of this depends on the bear's sales. He'd make the collection feel nearly complete and Piggy would seal the deal. Anything after that is Muppet gravy. (Yeah, the term Muppet gravy scares me too).

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
ok thanks Jamie, I KNEW I read it somewheres.... yeah Pepe would be my choice before Rizzo too! *talks like pepe* Um Id likes to see Pepes too ok :rolleyes:

:wisdom:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Anything after that is Muppet gravy. (Yeah, the term Muppet gravy scares me too).
I'm reminded of Scrooge..."There's more of gravy than grave about you!"

Bea:zany:{Leave the jokes to the bears!}regard

Luke

Reaction score
Terry said something about being commissioned to design the Piggy poser next. I think Rizzo got bumped. I kind of hope to see other Muppets before him anyway. I'm very much a classic Muppet fan, but if it comes down to filling that size slot - Pepe is more striking, beautiful and fun (with all the arms etc) than the rat. I'd want Robin or even Camilla before Rizzo, but if they made him I'd buy him. My first choices after the pig, of course, are Scooter, Rowlf, Sam, Teeth and Beaker.

All of this depends on the bear's sales. He'd make the collection feel nearly complete and Piggy would seal the deal. Anything after that is Muppet gravy. (Yeah, the term Muppet gravy scares me too).
I agree mostly. I don't think Piggy is an absolute must, but i can see she should ideally be made to complete the "big five". I think Fozzie will easily sell out 1,000 (if thats the edition) and maybe should have been made sooner in the line. Infact maybe all the edition sizes should have been smaller - its always been a question of whether there are 2,000 hardcore Muppet fans in the world willing to spend hundreds of dollars per item however good the quality.

I hope these continue but i do see the problem for MR as to whether its viable for them to put in all the development work and then go through the problem of finding factories who can make them to a decent standard on the budget. Last update was that Fozzie came back looking bad and Terry was being asked to hold off on Piggy ... i can understand why when i look at the other replicas. It's a compliment, they look absolutely amazing for mass manufactured products coming in at the price they are. If Fozzie is about $500-$550 RRP and sells well that might be a more realistic level for them to continue at and i think they'd be worth every penny, especially if they can step up a level in terms of how close a "replica" they are.

muppetguy

Reaction score
As from all my posts on this subject....

I personally believe that Piggy is a must to complete the fab five. I mean, on all the dvd's so far for the muppet show, piggy is on at least one of them in all the boxes. If she wasn't part of the group, they would've picked other characters. I still want her and believe she is very necessary. If not, my group, to me, is definitly NOT complete. Still waiting on Fozzie. Can't wait.

Telly

Reaction score
I don't see Animal being part of the Fab Five. In my opinion, it wasn't until Muppets From Space when he was part of the gang. Sure he was part of Electric Mayhem which was part of the gang, but I'd consider them a seperate group. I think of Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Piggy, and then Scooter when I think of the Classic Main Five. Add Rowlf on for the Main Six. Otherwise for more modern times I replace Scooter with Rizzo and Rowlf with Pepe. That's just me though. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Product and marketing-wise Animal has rounded out the top five for years. He's a popular product seller (moreso than Rowlf, Scooter or probably even Fozzie Bear). However, I agree that Scooter and Rowlf historically are more crucial to the center gang than Animal. I wish those two characters hadn't been so locked-up and mostly silent until recently. Hope they make a big comeback. :sympathy: :wink:

You're right about the MFS movie poster with Animal being a bigger part of the main cast. I suppose he was also featured a tiny bit more in the film than usual...but not much. He's a one-note drummer. :halo:

Luke

Reaction score
Have to say, my Animal gets a lot of compliments from non-Muppet fans. He's definitely the one they consider the coolest.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Magnificent seven

I don't see Animal being part of the Fab Five. In my opinion, it wasn't until Muppets From Space when he was part of the gang. Sure he was part of Electric Mayhem which was part of the gang, but I'd consider them a seperate group. I think of Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Piggy, and then Scooter when I think of the Classic Main Five. Add Rowlf on for the Main Six. Otherwise for more modern times I replace Scooter with Rizzo and Rowlf with Pepe. That's just me though. :wink:
When I think of the Muppet group, I always think back to The muppets take Manhatten, when they were the Magnificent seven-
Kermit,Miss Piggy,Fozzie,Gonzo,Scooter,Rowlf and Animal!

Or make it top ten by adding Statler & Waldorf and Swedish chef!
Oh what the hey, let's make it the Lucky thirteen and include Sam the Eagle and Bunsen & Beaker.Master Replicas better get cracking then.

Status
Not open for further replies.