Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Hey MuppetCaper, that's great news - how long ago did you hear that? I'm just wondering how recent your information is...

Luke

Reaction score
I think we'll get the Bear, although from how far along Terry says he is, he seems to still be at the point where the factory are trying to work out how best to make him, and from that i don't think we'll actually see him till early fall .... but the priority is to get him, not how long it takes. If they haven't done anything with Piggy yet i take it she won't be till next year if they did her next, and do they even have the license next year? I don't think thats ever been confirmed, they are already at 3 years though theres always possible renewals. I would just be happy with Fozzie. The massive discounts the first 3 replicas have gone down to in some places is a bit worrying.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Awesome - and it's recent info (27 May) too! Thanks MC - I don't bother visiting the MR boards any more, the information always seemed more in depth here and the few times I did go there it seemed really quiet. I guess the silence in this forum has had me worried...

I think you might be right, Luke, that Fozzie will be the last. I actually think I'm ok with that, Piggy would be nice but I will probably get around to making her myself one of these days (I can generally scuplt well given enough time and would probably cast a fiberglass head and have it flocked...sure, her face wouldn't be posable, but I tend to get my posers into a position I like and leave them there anyway). Owning a "real" looking Fozzie has been a dream of mine though for at least 20 years that I can remember (wow, way to make me feel old) and probably more than that...Kermit was my favorite character at first, but now da bear is da man...er, bear.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly
Kermit was my favorite character at first, but now DA BEAR
But mine was owning a kermit for 20 years. Well I guess i was wrong about my estimate based of published news of a May 24th (?) pre order date huh?If nothing else I agree with you all about fozzie being the last. But I would have to say this may be a factory that passes on future projects. **** Americans make us keep changing things. It looks like a bear already! lol You guys are handling the wait well. Impressed.

Kevin

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't believe that the bear is the last to be made...it has been said several time out of Travis's post and on MR post and everyone keeps assuming the worst to happen when we are not sure of anything. Why can't we just wait and see instead of guessing.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
You are right, I would just have to say if it were due to company, factory, license, etc. I think a majority of us are OK with all this and WOULD be OK should any unforseeable circumstances arise that they cut short their plans. Like I'm surprised how well everyone is taking the wait. I still can't see fozzie standing on his own? This baffles me as you've all read. LOL!

Kevin

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I still can't see Fozzie standing on his own? This baffles me as you've all read. LOL!

Kevin
Why are you baffled? Even Kermit can stand on his own if you pose him a certain way and he's got spindly little legs!

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have faith so far...

Kermit took so long to come to market. Then there was much waiting followed by the Gonzo - Animal spot swapping resulting in close release dates between them. There doesn't seem to be a magic formula to these releases, but unless the company wants to eat a lot of development costs I have faith in the bear's eventual release.

If the factory can get the bear right I can see him doing well enough to make way for another poser. I just hope that poser is the pig first. I understand strategy, but feel that the market for these is too fragile to do otherwise. I have yet to see a real definitive Miss Piggy product since the 70s Fisher Price puppet. It's also a shame what figure selections were strategically withheld from Palisades' production never to see the light of day. I think a pig product could be quite a hit! However she should consider hiring her own photographer!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I thought some one on the MC boards said something on there own web page about RIZZO :shifty: being next or something? :confused: ..... Or..... is Stevie here losing it? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.