1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

The picture on Amazon is the same picture that has been used on all the pre orders-forbidden planet, The collector Zone and now Amazon, so it was probably supplied by master replicas.
  2. Telly

Telly Active Member

Frogboy...I wanna see more from that classic body picture from "The Great Muppet Caper!
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:grouchy:Yes. I can agree with that and have. Although supplied - as I stated as a probability - the source likely comes from a shot already seen in the Toy Fare line up of photographs and extracted from the background. I recognize this specific shot from a series of photos. Even if it has been supplied by MR/Corgi it was likely lifted from this line up and used for this purpose for which it was not originally intended. Nonetheless the picture is rather underwhelming - yet again. :rolleyes:
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I love that picture too. I don't think I have more of it in my files, but I'll look. :o The Bear and the Pig both looked their best in GMC. :)
  5. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Well, looking at Frogboy's comparison photos (thanks, Frogboy!), I see one big difference. Classic Fozzie had his eyebrows right against the top of his eyes where modern Fozzie has them "raised". But the picture from Amazon has one eyebrow higher than other giving him almost a sad expression or "pity me" look. I think that's part of what's making him look off.

:p
  6. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

For once, I'm genuinely not sweating about prototypes, factory samples etc etc. Everything that is essentially Fozzie is present and correct (just maybe not in the correct place). I think out of all the posers Fozzie will ....bear...the most likeness to the actual character once the customary tweaks are done by the consumer. Gonzo, although turned out better than expected, had the least going for him as the quintessential part of Gonzo, his nose, was not done correctly. Animal as a couple of proportional issues (eye spacing, nose size) and Kermits collar is wrong, wrong, wrong! Kermits eyes are still bothering me as MR went for the more Disney-esque larger pupiled Kerm as opposed to the smaller classic option. Saying that, if Fozzie comes through a funny shade of blue, which could happen considering the weirdos nose, I will begin my MR bashing rants. For now however, Trav can sleep easy in that I really have faith in MR...
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

You're right. I think it was said somewhere by Terry that he felt the face was too low on one of the prototypes and that it wasn't evident from the first batch of pictures. This was corrected with the second and third prototypes he provided. We now know there's something to do with head shape, but I think the face ratio could be off too. I know Travis will release a great Fozzie so I'm not too worried. The facial proportions of Muppets are one of the hardest things for products to achieve. :)
  8. Bear Man

Bear Man Member

I just want to hear something, anything from Master Replicas about when we can expect an official pre-order date, or (heaven forbid!) an expected release date.
  9. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

ditto!
  10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Thanks for the comparison shots, Frogboy!

I really MUST have the Fozzie. Even if it were the last one they did, but it is a desperate necessity as a collector of these photo prop puppets.
  11. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Hey Frogboy, you appear to be grouchy and yelling at me!so we agree it is the same pre ordering photo and supplied by Master Replicas.Lets not forget that it came from Master Replicas stand at the toy fare, so it appears that what you are arguing about is who took the picture.Does it really matter whether Master Replicas took the photo themselves or from someone else with permission.As for not being what it was originally intended, wasnt that to promote the Fozzie Bear product being at the Fare!
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My answer to those items are already in previous posts. This mock-up appears to be a "quick fix" and will likely be swapped-out with a better shot photograph at a later time. That is still an assumption on my part, but likely a good one.
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I had a dream that I was in a store chatting to someone who said that Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo the Great (with cape) would be released in the same month. And I was like, "I know I own Gonzo...but I need him with a cape and they won't sell the cape seperatly...And I need Fozzie...how will I afford this?" Before suddenly realising that I missed the most important news of a Piggy release!

Muppet dreams are great.
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

Agreed on the mock up pic, but it doesn't really matter anyway as its not reflective of the final product. Going on Terrys update the last proto came back looking pretty bad so who knows what they'll have to change if the factory are having trouble making it - it's early days yet though. The UK sites have him up for pre-order but i would guess they have done that automatically based on previous advance retail schedules they got (probably at Toy Fair) so we'll get a better idea about how far Fozzie really is coming along when Master Replicas themselves list him for sale.
  15. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

so has ANY of my MC buddies ordered there MR Fozzie from amazon yet? Im just asking because I REALLY wanna pre-oder him a.s.a.p. :o

:)
  16. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

tho I still wanna order from the Saber Vault (http://www.thesabervault.com/#anchor_314) thats where I bought my MR Animal :halo: and Gonzo :concern: from... Kermie :) I bought from an online store but I dont recall the name! hmmm...
  17. MuppetCaper

I am waiting to order mine at MR so I can get the discount. Also, I hope they have free shipping, and if they do, then I will only get him in three days from shipping time! I hope they get his preorder sometime this month! :o
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

No likely preorder for the frogboy. I'm devising a way to get him wholesale locally. :o

That way I can just pick him up (for $50-100 less) and cab him back to my place to meet his friends. ;)

It would be nice to get him at somewhere near the price of Animal or maybe even Gonzo. :concern:
  19. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

Haven't we learned by now that photos from MR are worthless anyway? We all know that any pics we get from MR will more than likely stink and that the final product will be brilliant.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much for pre-orders. The SS figs were up for pre-order for months and were supposedly almost ready to be shipped from China when Pal went under.

I'm hoping against hope that we'll get the Fozster (I can't wait!), but I won't believe it until I'm actually holding him in my hands. I may pee myself a little bit when (if) we hear that he's actually on the production line though!
  20. MuppetCaper

CSTom at MR told me that "he IS" going to happen and that came from him. so there is no if or maybe according to him. so I cannot wait till we get him! YAY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.