Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetperson

Reaction score
The picture on Amazon is the same picture that has been used on all the pre orders-forbidden planet, The collector Zone and now Amazon, so it was probably supplied by master replicas.

Telly

Reaction score
Frogboy...I wanna see more from that classic body picture from "The Great Muppet Caper!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The picture on Amazon is the same picture that has been used on all the pre orders-forbidden planet, The collector Zone and now Amazon, so it was probably supplied by master replicas.
:grouchy:Yes. I can agree with that and have. Although supplied - as I stated as a probability - the source likely comes from a shot already seen in the Toy Fare line up of photographs and extracted from the background. I recognize this specific shot from a series of photos. Even if it has been supplied by MR/Corgi it was likely lifted from this line up and used for this purpose for which it was not originally intended. Nonetheless the picture is rather underwhelming - yet again. :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Frogboy...I wanna see more from that classic body picture from "The Great Muppet Caper!
I love that picture too. I don't think I have more of it in my files, but I'll look. :embarrassed: The Bear and the Pig both looked their best in GMC. :smile:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Well, looking at Frogboy's comparison photos (thanks, Frogboy!), I see one big difference. Classic Fozzie had his eyebrows right against the top of his eyes where modern Fozzie has them "raised". But the picture from Amazon has one eyebrow higher than other giving him almost a sad expression or "pity me" look. I think that's part of what's making him look off.

:stick_out_tongue:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
For once, I'm genuinely not sweating about prototypes, factory samples etc etc. Everything that is essentially Fozzie is present and correct (just maybe not in the correct place). I think out of all the posers Fozzie will ....bear...the most likeness to the actual character once the customary tweaks are done by the consumer. Gonzo, although turned out better than expected, had the least going for him as the quintessential part of Gonzo, his nose, was not done correctly. Animal as a couple of proportional issues (eye spacing, nose size) and Kermits collar is wrong, wrong, wrong! Kermits eyes are still bothering me as MR went for the more Disney-esque larger pupiled Kerm as opposed to the smaller classic option. Saying that, if Fozzie comes through a funny shade of blue, which could happen considering the weirdos nose, I will begin my MR bashing rants. For now however, Trav can sleep easy in that I really have faith in MR...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, looking at Frogboy's comparison photos (thanks, Frogboy!), I see one big difference. Classic Fozzie had his eyebrows right against the top of his eyes where modern Fozzie has them "raised". But the picture from Amazon has one eyebrow higher than other giving him almost a sad expression or "pity me" look. I think that's part of what's making him look off.

:stick_out_tongue:
You're right. I think it was said somewhere by Terry that he felt the face was too low on one of the prototypes and that it wasn't evident from the first batch of pictures. This was corrected with the second and third prototypes he provided. We now know there's something to do with head shape, but I think the face ratio could be off too. I know Travis will release a great Fozzie so I'm not too worried. The facial proportions of Muppets are one of the hardest things for products to achieve. :smile:

Bear Man

Reaction score
I just want to hear something, anything from Master Replicas about when we can expect an official pre-order date, or (heaven forbid!) an expected release date.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison shots, Frogboy!

I really MUST have the Fozzie. Even if it were the last one they did, but it is a desperate necessity as a collector of these photo prop puppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.