Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodrastus

Reaction score
Hmmm - that is a disappointment but I would rather them get Fozzie right after seeing Terry's magnificent prototypes. I can understand the Piggy decision based on developments. But does that mean that when Fozzie is set up at the third factory that Piggy will be the next replica?

muppetperson

Reaction score
With this line, nothing is definate and always subject to change.Looks like the first factory wasnt that bad after all and is a problem to find something as good or better.

Luke

Reaction score
I guess we will see Fozzie sometime towards the end of the year now, hopefully at a similar price as i guess that isn't a "lock" right now if they need to negotiate with a new factory. I just hope they get him right, don't care how long it takes - i wonder how long they have the license for, as to how many, and who, they would do after that considering all the development nightmares. I think if they do any after Fozzie, Piggy would be another difficult one for a factory to get right and another high cost one both in time and money - they oughta try a Rizzo first, or maybe a Beaker.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Got this e-mail today...

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the
following item(s) from your order:

"Corgi Fozzie Photo Puppet"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019HC1AA

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've
since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this
time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize
for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

While this item is not available directly from Amazon.com, you may be able
to purchase it from one of the many other sellers with product listings on
Amazon.com. Please click on the link above to visit the product detail page.
If the item is available from a third-party seller, you will see a "Used & new"
link on the product detail page that will provide a list of merchants currently
selling the item.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hmmm, looks like Was Once Ernie's rumor of no factory currently working on Fozzie in China was correct.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Hmmm, looks like Was Once Ernie's rumor of no factory currently working on Fozzie in China was correct.
Yes, thank you. I only called it a "rumor" because I wanted someone more official than me to confirm it. Now Terry has done just that.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
According to Tom, he still confirmed that Fozzie will be out. May not be today, or tomorrow, but he will be out. Besides, Terry just got this news, but it is good news to know where Fozzie stands at this moment. Now that we have solid facts.

Also, I am going to ask Tom about the Comic Con thing and find out why.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for getting the information to us Terry!

It now appears the earliest we can expect Fozzie in our homes is next spring. That's likely why Amazon up and cancelled the listing. I'm certain Travis has no intention of releasing a substandard Fozzie replica and that's a good thing. So much development has gone into the bear to lead me to believe that somehow, sometime he will be produced.

Now we know why Travis hasn't been posting. There's just too much going on to report to us and our responses on it; especially considering that information can change on a dime. Travis will most likely drop by to post once Fozzie is really on the assembly line.

I'm glad MR/Corgi caught this early and was able to bow out of the factory arrangement. Many times this is not the case and the product representatives have to stand behind minor visual defects they might not particularly care for. :coy:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I would rather wait and get him at his best than to not get him done correctly. It is nice to know that Travis has stepped in and making him the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.