Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
As somebody said i think in the other thread a few weeks back CSTOM is just the marketing guy, if there were any changes or anything was unsure he would give out a "business as usual, no specifics available yet" line - they always do that in these kinda situations. May not mean anythings cancelled or their companies winding down but just if theres a lot of internal re-thinking and restructuring going on it would kinda explain why they are doing that, why nothings being made and why they won't be showing up to events. The Amazon orders being cancelled could be due to these delays and the price - i think if they take orders they are supposed to get them out within a certain time and at that price so if they are back to square one with the factory obviously they can't guarantee any of that yet.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
As somebody said i think in the other thread a few weeks back CSTOM is just the marketing guy, if there were any changes or anything was unsure he would give out a "business as usual, no specifics available yet" line - they always do that in these kinda situations.
Thank you, Luke, for once again being the voice of reason. Just because a customer service company shill says something, doesn't make it so.

Now mind you, I'm not saying Fozzie's been cancelled. He hasn't, as far as I know, but I wouldn't believe everything the company is saying at this point, either.

It's very troubling that they're not going to be at Comic-Con. The only other event more important is Toy Fair, at which they did appear.

:stick_out_tongue:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd say there's a very good chance we'll never see him – there are just too many things that could go wrong at this point.

(1) MR, or whatever it's called now, is on shaky ground right now. They could go out of business any day.

(2) If Fozzie gets delayed much more, MR might be out of business before he gets the green light.

(3) Every new factory probably means a higher cost (after all, they'd be looking at the cheapest and best factories first). Too high of a cost and it will put the retail price too high.

(4) Delays also mean more money in prototyping. Too costly and they might pull the plug rather than proceeding.

(5) Pulling out of Comic Con means that either their resources are strapped or the company's about to call it quits. Even restructuring isn't a very good reason not to show – there are just too many opportunities to sell product not to show.

I'm still hoping he gets made, but history tells me it probably won't happen.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this and have done for a while......my MR replicas wont feel complete without Fozzie. I wonder if Terry would sell on of his?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this and have done for a while......my MR replicas wont feel complete without Fozzie. I wonder if Terry would sell one of his?
He might... if he had one. Terry doesn't even have one. There was only enough fur to build the three he was commissioned to make for MR.

P.S. I only said "he might" for the joke. Terry would NEVER sell a copyrighted character. He has the utmost integrity!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
He might... if he had one. Terry doesn't even have one. There was only enough fur to build the three he was commissioned to make for MR.

P.S. I only said "he might" for the joke. Terry would NEVER sell a copyrighted character. He has the utmost integrity!
Do you think we could see an abrupt end to the MR line?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I am worried about popco(formerly Corgi International).I just hope that selling off their Corgi diecast cars section and cards is enough to save the Company.Master Replicas revenue is now greatly reduced now that they dont make Star wars products.Things dont even look good for Fozzie.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Working in entertainment I know from a number of buy-outs that I was repositioned, moved to other buildings of the parent company, and in some situations at a certain radio station they let go of ALL non essential emplyees to look better for their payroll books for interested buyers. I think all of us will continue to call it MR regardless. We have known (as I mentioned) MR as a brand name of great replicas and licensed products with high standards. The restructuring of personel from other subsidaries into MR could cause delays. It's a shaking up that puts the entire companies employees on unfamilair and uncertain future mentality. I see it as MR not being fully prepared to make the outing to the con. Moneys are probably being handled differently. Graphics and dispalys, and airfares, and everyhting that is a huge task to send representatives out. I wouldn't want unorganization, or my staff lookining like idiots not having answers, being uncomfortable communicating with the public, possile new staff not being proficient in details of the products,all the while trying to put on a good public showing for the company.

I have faith in Trav-daddy. Thank him for devoting his time to his work and in turn, working for us. I do not want to see a pre-order on da bear. :frown: (sad) until the company is ready to give us their best. Be secure in what their doing, and making good business decisions to ensure their future for great products. We all waited most of our lives for this chance to own these friends of our childhood. It will happen. We unfortunately now need to find other muppet topics to reinvigorate our love for the fuzzy guys. HAving fun talking about what if's and dream products. remembering things from our past that relate, etc. We all speak in unison that we will stand behind MR to make the best product, we have faith in them, and as explained by Travis, he had a greater hold of the line. He will make sure it's done right. For those reasons I ask that we all show a huge sign of faith for Travis, CSTom, and MR letting them know we are patient and will wait for them to do it right.

Opinions?

Kevin Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.