Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
If there is room for more, the next after Rowlf that I would like to see is Scooter, wearing his Muppet Show jacket.
Yeah, that would be very cool. I'm just saying that it'd be a shame not to get a Richard or Jerry character into the replica mix.

I can just see Scooter sitting on my couch...

Luke

Reaction score
I'd been thinking Rowlf would be good to have, but theres not much you could do with him in terms of poses and themes. Although he would look TREMENDOUS sitting at a Piano! I am liking the Scooter idea, i think he'd be very popular with the fans and would fit in quite well with the group. I still think Beaker would be great, you could put Goggles on him or have him doing some crazy experiments.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd been thinking Rowlf would be good to have, but theres not much you could do with him in terms of poses and themes. Although he would look TREMENDOUS sitting at a Piano! I am liking the Scooter idea, i think he'd be very popular with the fans and would fit in quite well with the group. I still think Beaker would be great, you could put Goggles on him or have him doing some crazy experiments.
I'm glad other Muppet fans join my Scooter enthusiasm. Of all the Muppet poser options, with the exception of Kermit, I think Scooter most represents the Muppet Show. His colors also pop more than any other character. The concern over at MR is that he isn't a current enough character to justify a spot and I get that. I just don't like it because iwannascooter! :wink:

In TMS days Scooter was just as much a heavyweight as Fozzie Bear. In fact, he may have held more screentime being the backstage gofer.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think Scooter is popular enough to justify making a replica of him. If he (and Rowlf) were made, I'd have to extend my replica wish list to include him (or them).

Scooter's also making a comeback. With fairly decent sized roles in the two TV movies, plus exposure from The Muppet Show DVDs, plus the fact that he was used as part of the video menus for Season Three, I'd say Scooter is at least as valid a candidate as Rowlf, if not more so. Though Rowlf's made cameos in the years since Jim's passing, Scooter's had far more lines in productions than Rowlf has.

Yes, I vote Scooter and Rowlf. They're among my absolute favorite characters, and I think they're popular enough again to make them. Who knows? The new Muppet movie might bring them back big time.

On the poses and themes for Rowlf, you're right, Luke. He would be kinda limited. But he would look FANTASTIC alongside the others. As part of the group, he's a great choice. Otherwise, there are still a few poses that come to mind. Buying him a pair of scrubs to deck him out as Dr. Bob. And, can't you just picture him and Fozzie laughing it up together?

muppetperson

Reaction score
You could do lots of poses with Rowlf.Remember the Ol' Brown Ears is Back posters.You can dress him up in different themes, like the Dogfather gangster, or have him doing something, like listening to a headset, or even just posing, like waving.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd say there's a very good chance we'll never see him – there are just too many things that could go wrong at this point.

(1) MR, or whatever it's called now, is on shaky ground right now. They could go out of business any day.

(2) If Fozzie gets delayed much more, MR might be out of business before he gets the green light.

(3) Every new factory probably means a higher cost (after all, they'd be looking at the cheapest and best factories first). Too high of a cost and it will put the retail price too high.

(4) Delays also mean more money in prototyping. Too costly and they might pull the plug rather than proceeding.

(5) Pulling out of Comic Con means that either their resources are strapped or the company's about to call it quits. Even restructuring isn't a very good reason not to show – there are just too many opportunities to sell product not to show.

I'm still hoping he gets made, but history tells me it probably won't happen.

yes i have to agree with all of u there how much where the ones that u all got in the past ?
i had been wanting to get them , so bad it is just right now that i do not have the collector cabnit room and am waiting for my new home to be build :excited:.
Then i am wanting to catch up geting these or if these are not avabalble at some point i would like to get something like them i love the muppets so much , want some collector dolls around me .:super:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm glad other Muppet fans join my Scooter enthusiasm. Of all the Muppet poser options, with the exception of Kermit, I think Scooter most represents the Muppet Show. His colors also pop more than any other character. The concern over at MR is that he isn't a current enough character to justify a spot and I get that. I just don't like it because iwannascooter! :wink:

In TMS days Scooter was just as much a heavyweight as Fozzie Bear. In fact, he may have held more screentime being the backstage gofer.
I agree with you totally, the color of Scooter and the colors on his Jacket, he would just pop in any display. I don't neccasarily think he would have limited appeal to the people buying these already - to spend a few hundred bucks on the past Muppet posers i'm willing to bet you would have to be a fairly big Muppet fan and be aware of Scooter. I'd guess there are a small number of fringe collectors who are getting them more because they are prop type collectors rather than complete Muppet obsessives but they would still be fans and have seen the shows. It's not like a regular Disney store plushy where they need to attract casual buyers with the main 5, aside a few comic shops throughout the world these don't even get displayed in stores.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
That's a nice thing to point out, Luke. Honestly, who's buying the replicas other than major Muppet fans or obsessive collectors (or both)? Maybe people with some extra money to spend, but otherwise, most people buying these would know who Scooter is.

Even people who like the Muppets without getting too into them would probably recognize Scooter.

He'd be colorful, and fun, and just so awesome.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Scooter is a must.

Kermit, Animal, Gonzo, Rowlf, Fozzie, Piggie and Scooter......those are the ones that MUST be made.....they are the essentials.....

But I truly want a lot more......I want so many more it's not even funny.....

Status
Not open for further replies.