Ned's illness...

Aleal

Reaction score
Just saw this. For the record, Muppet Wiki does *not* say it stopped with "Honk of Honks." Rather, a user added a list of episodes where airdates are confirmed, and a note above that season states the list is incomplete. So yes, it did make it to the very end. As to what happened, even home video releases in the UK have been scattered so the final episodes (and just about any with the Captain's replacements) aren't in wide circulation, unless someone over there has the episodes taped from broadcast. But from assorted interviews, the final episode was pretty close to the US version, at least as far as the Fraggles meeting (speculation, but if the human character at the time was moving, they probably tied it to something like a job or simply a vague "we're moving away" rather than tying it to someone's illness, unless it was a random relative). Additional Fraggle puppets were sent over for when they filmed the finale.

It's unlikely at this point, but if HIT ever decides to release a separate fourth season, that final UK episode would be a nice extra (and yes, it was the only co-production to go all the way to the end and reach a definite conclusion).

Redsonga

Reaction score
I guess everyone likes who they grew up with :smile:. All and all I really like Doc's reason...

Beauregard

Reaction score
I read recently that the British series has been basically lost in the archives. They have only 12 of the master tapes, and those have all been released in one variety or other. It's a big shame...because I'd have *loved* to see Fraggle Rock when they had the younger nephew running the lighthouse!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I always wondered: What does Ned *do* for a living anyway? Doc said something about them doing marine biology studies together but you would not find any of those sort of jobs out in the middle of the dry....Hmmm maybe he works for a zoo?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
On the British series...
I'm not sure where I read it, perhaps Fragglerocker? but I think the lighthouse keeper was compelled to leave because the old beacon was being replaced by a new computer system.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I read recently that the British series has been basically lost in the archives. They have only 12 of the master tapes, and those have all been released in one variety or other. It's a big shame...because I'd have *loved* to see Fraggle Rock when they had the younger nephew running the lighthouse!
Oh wow that's a shame! Companies in general need to make bigger efforts toward preservation.

On the British series...
I'm not sure where I read it, perhaps Fragglerocker? but I think the lighthouse keeper was compelled to leave because the old beacon was being replaced by a new computer system.
I like that; from what I've seen the British series could be a bit more grown up (no offense intended to the Doc segments, which are totally different but still great). :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Meh, I don't care for the tone of the UK host, I really like Doc better :smile:. I tried to give the lightkeeper a chance but his character just did not feel as..real to me :frown:. He seemed more..actorish. It could just be the UK style of writing or something that I'm not use to, but then, I did grow up with mostly BBC shows so I couldn't say for sure...
I think I just loved how Sprocket played off Doc more :smile:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Perhaps he was more of the classic stage actor whose performance style was larger than life, which sometimes seems strange on Television.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Perhaps he was more of the classic stage actor whose performance style was larger than life, which sometimes seems strange on Television.
Maybe...I'm not sure *goes back to thinking about Ned's job*:embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hehe, well I do agree that I prefer how close Doc and Sprocket were together. I guess the various human characters just brought different things to the table. :smile: