Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count von Count

Reaction score
I didn't what to make any one mad, if i said they were crazy. But if i made some one mad because i didn't call them mad, I'm sorry.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Crazy Tasty!

I didn't what to make any one mad, if i said they were crazy. But if i made some one mad because i didn't call them mad, I'm sorry.
I think it's been long confirmed we're all fairly crazy! :crazy:

:attitude: I'm glad for it because forums on statistics and corporate earnings do not hold interest for me. :wink:

That sort of thing would make me truly crazy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This sort of special will guide a younger audience to check out the Muppet Movie once they see the girl from Hannah Montana skillfully lip-syncing her performance with them. Even though this project is a good thing, it is my hope that all the tween star cameos are soaked up for this special so that Segel won't get a memo from Disney to stick them in his Muppet motion picture. I kind of see this special as compartmentalization for that sort of thing. :embarrassed:

Also, I thought Drtooth was typing oubliette instead of Obelix. My bad. That puts an entirely different light on his posts. He he.
:shifty:

Luke

Reaction score
The idea there's no promotion to this, not even for the Miley bits to Miley fans, makes me think this was something that was meant to be big, didn't turn out quite as good or wasn't needed and just cost to much to throw in the trash. I could be wrong, none of us will know till we see it, but i've never known Disney not to heavily promote anything new "Hannah" or "HSM", doesn't make sense. It might add a bit of interest for the Muppet movie, but that is quite a long time away ... and i think the Muppets will have their own TV (maybe sketch) show just before or after any movie airs. A good prediction to make really. I hope they don't hang on too much to the variety show theme, yes that was TMS, but unless you can do a really clever remake of it without it looking like a tween stars hangout there is no reason why they have to be in a theatre with guest stars each week.

Count von Count

Reaction score
If there's no promotion it must not be big. How long is this special going to be?

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Knowing Disney, it'll probably be in between commercial breaks. They do stuff at the last minute. There has been news about Disney Channel promoting High School Musical 3 and there hasn't been anything until this morning when the sneak preview is next week.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
:attitude: I'm glad for it because forums on statistics and corporate earnings do not hold interest for me. :wink:
Business, business! *DING!*
Earnings up 7 point 2 percent,
Business, business! *DING!*

... anyhoooooo!

muppet baby

Reaction score
:shifty: When looking at the Disney site and what they choose to promote it's this Disney Channel kids product, not so much Mickey and the gang. Don't get me wrong. I disagree with that, but that is their choice and the fact they're choosing to connect them to the Muppets shows a level of confidence in Kermit and company that has always been lacking with the mouse.

:smile: I remember sitting on an airplane several years ago with a young person assigned in the seat next to me. She was every bit as American as any kid but barely knew Kermit, much less who the Muppets are. I cannot imagine my childhood without the Muppet Show and movies! That is what this project will help resolve. It will show a new generation that Kermit is more than an iconic green puppet - he, and his gang, have distinct personalities and a unique wit that crosses many boundaries.

:cool: If it takes Hannah Montana to do that than so be it! Just think of an era of new fans outbidding us on rare Muppet items on Ebay! What a wonderful problem to have!
wow i had the same experace at a church fall festavilel i mean about a little kid not knowing who the muppets where, i almost wanted to cry , i could not belive it , i mean i as u say i can not imagane my childhood or a childhood in general . Like everyone here i hope that all the new muppet projects that come out introduce people to the muppets . Disney is doing " alright " with that i mean they have the muppet 3D show and all but the merchendise shop should be bigger and all and have more things i mean that is also part of the things is dollls chothes , they really need to go all out with mercindise when they do this new movie project they keep talking about . Does anyone agree with me .

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Come on folks let's not overdue it.

It's one thing to say Diseny should do more to promote them but to think it's so awfull to find that many kids don't know the muppets today is silly.

We have things we like growing up, so do they.

Status
Not open for further replies.