Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It's one thing to say Diseny should do more to promote them but to think it's so awfull to find that many kids don't know the muppets today is silly.

We have things we like growing up, so do they.
I just think it's a shame that kids don't get exposed to it. I also think it's a shame that people don't know who the Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy or even Jerry Lewis are. I've noticed that with a lot of people I know, their Jerry Lewis knowledge ends at the MDA Telethon. It's a shame that people today aren't exposed to the talent and genius of these comedy greats.

It wouldn't be awful if someone had been able to see the Muppets, and just decided they didn't like them. That's okay. What's awful is that they don't even get the opportunity to decide that.

Erine81981

Reaction score
We grew up with all differnet shows, cartoons and movies that came out during our time that kids haven't seen and why? Because either parents haven't shown them or either they don't want to show them what they grew up with. I know my sister and brother in law have shown their kids lots off movies and shows they grew up with. I'm the same way. Everytime i find out about an old TV show or cartoon that i used to watch that's coming out on DVDs and i tell them and show them what it is if i have old VHS or if youtube has it. So i show them everything of the Muppets/Sesame/Fraggles or whatever.

When i told them about this new speical coming out they were syked that Miley was going to be singing with the Muppets. I'm getting to gether with them on that day to watch it with them. I hate to see everyone here just bad mouthing Disney for all this stuff.

Did you know that there are lots of stuff i've seen that hasn't been promoted that i've found out on the web. I watch pretty much everything on Disney unless it's something i really don't care for. I've seen all the Disney Channel Movies back from when they started making them. Now i didn't watch Camp Rock but i do know who the Jones Borthers are and they seem like your everyday brothers who fight and enjoy hanging out together but i don't go around bad mouthing everything about Disney because the Muppets are going to be second fiddle to 'em.

I've watched all the Disney shows from the time they aired and have enjoyed them ever since. I'm not like my necies who watch every show no matter if they are reruns. Why not just wait till you see the show before bad mouthing it.

I would also know i've heard lots of my sister's friends who have talked about shows they watched back in their days and are saying i wished they would show better show other then the ones they show now a days. I give everything a chance before saying "Oh my gosh! This show it just so lame." So before it aires i'm just so syked that this is coming on. So Disney is doing what i would say a good job. Keep up the wonderful job Disney!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I don't see it that way. I see it as it's from kids of all ages and Muppet Fans no matter what the age. I'll watch it. I wouldn't say it's just for kids. It's for everyone. I wasn't really getting at that this is only for kids. I'm just saying there's lots of stuff that kids of now that wouldn't enjoy some of the stuff we watched growing up. I know there are several things i've shown my necies and they didn't enjoy it at all and i'm just i understand. So i don't try to fouce them to watch it. If they want to that's fine if they don't it's fine with me no matter what.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Come on folks let's not overdue it.

It's one thing to say Diseny should do more to promote them but to think it's so awfull to find that many kids don't know the muppets today is silly.

We have things we like growing up, so do they.
Sure kids have new favorites that we didn't have growing up, but there isn't any entertainment out there with the special brand of magic specific to the Muppets. That's what is being said here.

I'm not saying that other entertainment properties don't provide their own special connections, it's just sad that the Muppets haven't made their own significant contribution in the mix yet.

So personally I do think it’s sad and don’t think I’m overreaching in that statement. I don’t know of anything in entertainment that would have sufficed my childhood to adulthood palette if not for the Muppets. Sure, other things would have filled the slot, but I believe none of it would be as special.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This is unrelated but I also think that Unfabulous is a really funny, well written show and it is underrated by Nick.

But I think that the Muppets are the gift that keeps on giving. They always have the ability to come right back no matter what may be out their.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I still stand by waht I said a few pages back. But one thing I didnt consider is age factor. The older kids might not enjoy the muppets much, but Maybe the younger kids (3, 4, ect) might enjoy them because they are young and still open to new things. Its the older kids that are proabbly gooing to focus on their favorite stars only

tutter_fan

Reaction score
All I can say is I'm looking forward to seeing this!

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
I've been checking the channel every once in a while to see an ad for it. Sadly my search gave no results. :search:

Count von Count

Reaction score
To tell the truth I have been to, nothing, not even on the disney web site but i might of missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.