Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Are we sure Gifford isn't a puppet. I mean are we SURE! It's a close match. Also I saw Floyd speaking at the beginning: WOOT!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That was pretty good.

"We agreed not to talk about that" was a perfect "Henson's Kermit" (need a better term) line about the Kermit/Piggy relationship.
Indeed. Steve's certainly upped his game. XD

Luke

Reaction score
Admittedly haven't seen the show yet but from all the clips, it just looks sooo wrong, they just look embarrasingly awkward with the kiddie stars. I don't know how they can try to put the two together without it looking like the Muppets are desperately trying to look "hip". I think the Muppets work in sketches still, and kids and older folk alike may love them (like on youtube) but its a bit too early to have them suddenly appear in front of the kids as if they're big stars, kids dont know them. The days of TMS are long gone, give them their own sketch show set in the Muppet world or at least put them with guest stars appropriate for them but who also have some kid crossover appeal. The way this is looking, kids will be laughing at it but not in a good way.

Piggy also seems to have piled on the pounds and have some very wierd styling going on. Props for seeing the EM Band though. I can only hope the full show is a lot more like the Youtube or Muppets.com stuff.

Beauregard

Reaction score
One thing that we need to be aware of, is that since this was filmed a year ago it is possible that certain things (Eric's voice/Fozzie's manerisms) will not be a reflection of the performers that they are Today.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
One thing that we need to be aware of, is that since this was filmed a year ago it is possible that certain things (Eric's voice/Fozzie's manerisms) will not be a reflection of the performers that they are Today.
VERY TRUE. (props to my bro Beau) haha.

Also the Today Show appearance was prettty funny. The name Hoda does sound like a sock puppet. :hungry: :zany:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And that--just 'cause the Muppets are with "modern" stars--the Muppets won't be apt to cast away those who've been with them throughout the years, which means that the show should be for both the current generation & the generations who've since loved the Muppets previously, too. If that's not the case, then the show would--current stars aside--ultimately be a failure.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The Kermit and Ashley Tisdale number was filmed last year, but I don't think the rest of it was. Or, at least, that's the only number that was confirmed as having filmed last year.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And the special itself hasn't aired yet, which shows that it still is in production.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Muppets are making a comeback, from all perspectives, everything from the Disney Channel group to the older viewers through YouTube. This special isnt made for us fans, sadly, but its made for US to get MORE THINGS! Thats the beauty of this project.
Yeah. I may not like it, and I don't think I even want to have someone record it for me, but this is a good thing. Exposure to the younger audience is what this special is about.

Personally, I still think we need a prime time version of this. Hey, maybe even have the Muppets interact with the ABC fall line up stars.

I'd kill to see them behind the scenes of Pushing Daisies.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah. I may not like it, and I don't think I even want to have someone record it for me, but this is a good thing. Exposure to the younger audience is what this special is about.
I just hope it is good exposure, considering how Disney--who ironically has control over The Muppets' future--had some idiot writers on one of their hit programs say puppets (which The Muppets happen to be, although they are more than that to us Muppet fans) are for babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.