Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah. I may not like it, and I don't think I even want to have someone record it for me, but this is a good thing. Exposure to the younger audience is what this special is about.
I think it needs to be credible exposure tho, putting Kermit in a HSM outfit and Piggy in a Jonas wig is fake. That is not who the Muppets are, that is more like Muppets TV in France where they had Fozzie wearing a Rubiks Cube. They are trying to put them back into a modern Muppet Show type format, but TMS was much classier and cleverly done than that.

I really think the Muppets.com and Youtube stuff is the right tone, i wouldn't even mind a guest star or two cropping up in those kinda videos - but the whole concept of this special just seems a bit of a step backwards to me.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
What a tres fabulous appearence! Loving Piggy's hair and she totally outdid Kermit in this interview! The voice...NICE! Her appearence, fantastic. Gorgious!
I agree 100% she stole the show in this clip, and boy while Steve's Kermit was good in this that puppet seriously could use some work or something.:embarrassed:

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
I agree 100% she stole the show in this clip, and boy while Steve's Kermit was good in this that puppet seriously could use some work or something.:embarrassed:
I think that was just how he was sitting. It seemed like they were trying to make him look like he was sitting next to them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think it needs to be credible exposure tho, putting Kermit in a HSM outfit and Piggy in a Jonas wig is fake. That is not who the Muppets are, that is more like Muppets TV in France where they had Fozzie wearing a Rubiks Cube. They are trying to put them back into a modern Muppet Show type format, but TMS was much classier and cleverly done than that.

I really think the Muppets.com and Youtube stuff is the right tone, i wouldn't even mind a guest star or two cropping up in those kinda videos - but the whole concept of this special just seems a bit of a step backwards to me.
I have to admit to disliking the Miss Piggy and Kermit hammy performances from what I've seen. They also managed to make Kermit look kinda fat with unattractive expressions that don't seem to fit him. However this is still too early to tell and I'm keeping a positive outlook. The Milley Cyrus parts actually look good.

I never cared for HSM or that awkward blonde chick singing with Kermit. Time will tell. And um...Snowths! That's my mantra now = SNOWTHS!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I think that was just how he was sitting. It seemed like they were trying to make him look like he was sitting next to them.
Oh I thought they where trying to make him off in the distance..:rolleyes::stick_out_tongue:
hahah Seriously I realized that he he looked all lumpy and wonky.
Oh well can't win em all but I'm glad for once Steve didn't say the same thigns he always does.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
What a tres fabulous appearence! Loving Piggy's hair and she totally outdid Kermit in this interview! The voice...NICE! Her appearence, fantastic. Gorgious!
Indeed. For Miss Piggy, she's outdone herself.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Wait, wait, something's confusing me. MY channel guide says that it's airing on Monday Aug 4th at 2:45pm or thereabouts. Did I miss something? Is my cable provider just flat wrong?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wait, wait, something's confusing me. MY channel guide says that it's airing on Monday Aug 4th at 2:45pm or thereabouts. Did I miss something? Is my cable provider just flat wrong?
I'm pretty sure it's replaying then... I think it's replaying on Sunday too. According to the Disney Channel website anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.