Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I love the animation on Ducktales! It was Disney's belief at the time that if you put a good budget in television animation that people would actually watch it.

My brother was just watching The Story Teller!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I love the animation on Ducktales! It was Disney's belief at the time that if you put a good budget in television animation that people would actually watch it.

My brother was just watching The Story Teller!
Ducktales was another great 80's cartoon. Part of the old Disney Afternoon stations had going for kids to watch after school when they got home.

Code:
Super MArio 3 had some terrible animation.
I enjoyed Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon, though it was a 90's cartoon. It had all the characters and most of the power ups from the video game.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I liked the Mario three cartoon too! Plus the network broadcast of it had listens music! Remember when Mario's was training for a fight and they were playing "Wipe Out"?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I loved the live action parts, sometimes even more than the cartoons :smile:. They would leave it at a cliffhanger and then show a cartoon and I would be worried what happened to Mario :embarrassed:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I really like that super show too! "Do the Mario!"

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ah, many many afternoons of doing the Mario in front of the tv :3

Drtooth

Reaction score
I enjoyed Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon, though it was a 90's cartoon. It had all the characters and most of the power ups from the video game.
I used it to bring up a point. DIC used some pretty lousy studios in the 90's. I think the 80's was their heyday as far as they go. As I said, they made some stupid crap in the 90's... and especially today. Trollz was just terrible and derivitive. Sushi Pack is okay, but would have been better had the network not interfiered and made it uber educational.

But who here doesn't remember the amazing theme music DIC had... all written by Shuki Levy and Hiam Saban... you know the guys who bought old Japanese footage, called it Power Rangers... Saban was one of the guys who almost bought the Muppets years back?

I really loved the music that they made for DIC. They had soundtracks, but only avialable in France... and the themes were in french. I have some of those. I even have the entire Inspector Gadget soundtrack.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
But who here doesn't remember the amazing theme music DIC had... all written by Shuki Levy and Hiam Saban... you know the guys who bought old Japanese footage, called it Power Rangers... Saban was one of the guys who almost bought the Muppets years back?

I really loved the music that they made for DIC. They had soundtracks, but only avialable in France... and the themes were in french. I have some of those. I even have the entire Inspector Gadget soundtrack.
Hey, you have the Inspector Gadget music from those guys? I've been looking for that for a while. I just love Brain's and Penny's themes.