Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, you have the Inspector Gadget music from those guys? I've been looking for that for a while. I just love Brain's and Penny's themes.

I can try to give it to you in an E-mail if you PM me. Of course, I've had trouble with that lately...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I must say another noteable thing about the 80s was Disney's "The Little Mermaid," which started what is known as the Disney Renaissance era.

I enjoy the Little Mermaid although I find it to be a bit too sweet. But Ursula is a personal favorite Disney villian of mine.
Actually I think it was Roger Rabbit. When that movie came out, the Disney animation studio decided to put new focus and energy in animation, especially with shows like Gummi Bears, Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers, etc.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I must say another noteable thing about the 80s was Disney's "The Little Mermaid," which started what is known as the Disney Renaissance era.

I enjoy the Little Mermaid although I find it to be a bit too sweet. But Ursula is a personal favorite Disney villian of mine.
Of course The Little Mermaid was very very important, I think it was the 1st movie I ever went to see, right before the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie the next year..It made me want to be a mermaid *lol*. You know, for some reason, I think of TLM as a 90's movie to..I guess it is a side effect of it being made in '89, and my being only six when I saw it..I've always been such a Flounder fangirl..I spent so many years thinking he was a puffer fish :embarrassed:

Skye

Reaction score
You bet! A talking fish, a talking crab, cute singing sea animals... this movie's got it all. :wink:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Actually I think it was Roger Rabbit. When that movie came out, the Disney animation studio decided to put new focus and energy in animation, especially with shows like Gummi Bears, Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers, etc.
I see your point and your right that "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" showed Disney that quality animation can still be entertaining and, more important, make money. Roger Rabbit was done with Steven Spielberg and isn't a solely Disney movie. At the time Disney wasn't doing great bussiness and was being out done by Don Bluth productions esp when they release the monster success of "The Land Before Time."

The Little Mermaid is the first Sole Disney flim in sometime to do gangbuster numbers at the box-office and at the time broke the record for highest grossing animation movie, which before mermaid was held by Don Bluth's Land Before Time.

So while your right to a point, and no one can say that Roger Rabbit is an important movie in the history of Dinsey animation, the start of the era known as the Disney Renaissance must be credited to Mermaid.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
At the time Disney wasn't doing great bussiness and was being out done by Don Bluth productions esp when they release the monster success of "The Land Before Time."
Witch was also a "Spielberg vehicle".