Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
but in my mind, kids who watch this will learn to think that male cows have udders and give milk (I mean kids that have not leanred about cows and other animals yet)

Yeah, I like to complain about tv shows and how they can potentually affect a childs mind :stick_out_tongue:
Come on... you don't give kids any credit, do ya? I've seen lots of cartoons with shemale cows. Look at "The Cow" from Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures. He was a male cow that had udders. And I swear I saw some male cows in Ren and Stimpy.

There are others, but I can only remember the machocistic cow from Family Guy at the moment.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That true. But most of the cows you're referring too are John K. Cows...

BY that was, wasn't ducky the one who only said "Yep-yep-yeeep" and "No-no-noooo"...:sing:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
That true. But most of the cows you're referring too are John K. Cows...

BY that was, wasn't ducky the one who only said "Yep-yep-yeeep" and "No-no-noooo"...:sing:
Yeah that was Ducky. I remember my sister liked her a lot.

karamazov80

Reaction score
I also loved Transformers back in the 80's. The cool cartoon series and collecting the toys as well. I spent my allowance on lots of those things. I could only afford the small and middle sized Transformers because they were cheaper and I had to ask for the big ones every Christmas and birthdays.
I was much in the same boat. I loved TFs, but only had a few (Optimus, Superion, Jetfire, Soundwave, and a few others). But lordy, I am making up for it now with all the Classics, Alts, Masterpiece and, of course, G1 figures in my collection. GI Joes were, and are, my first 80s cartoon love, however. Being born in 1980, I also associate the Muppets with the 80s.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Speaking of Transformers, I hated that new movie directed by Michael Bay. Horribly, horribly, horribly. It was loud, fast, too many special effects, and bad writing. Having Prime say "my bad" was horrible!

By the way, the second one is being filmed with the same director and cast.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Speaking of Transformers, I hated that new movie directed by Michael Bay. Horribly, horribly, horribly. It was loud, fast, too many special effects, and bad writing. Having Prime say "my bad" was horrible!

By the way, the second one is being filmed with the same director and cast.
Yeah of course their is going to be a sequal to that movie with the same director and cast. It made a ton of money, whether or not you really like it. I actually haven't seen it yet, but I didn't really think I would care for it too much.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Yeah of course their is going to be a sequal to that movie with the same director and cast. It made a ton of money, whether or not you really like it. I actually haven't seen it yet, but I didn't really think I would care for it too much.
I saw it several months ago finally on dvd. Glad I didn't see it in the theater.

karamazov80

Reaction score
I can't stand Michael Bay, what he stands for, how me makes films, how he treats the audience, etc. The only redeeming qualities to the TF movie, to me, was Peter Cullen's voice and Megatron's personality. The forthcoming GI Joe movie is being produced by one of the major producers of Transformers, is directed by Stephen Sommers of "The Mummy" fame, and stars a pretty-boy dancer-guy as "Duke," and the kid from "Brick" (great movie, bad casting here) and 3rd Rock from the Sun as "Cobra Commander." Honestly, I'm not expecting much from it, either. . .and I think we comic/cartoon fans of the 80s have the right to complain now that we have been spoiled by amazing films like X2, Spidey 2, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Hellboy 2, etc.

The "lowest common denominator" formula (Transformers) works, but it doesn't always work best, guys (Dark Knight)!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I haven't seen Transformers. But is it really true that all the humans were a bunch of jerks not worth saving?