Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow, I guess Sesame Workshop wanted to prove to us fans that a print of the film still indeed exists! I give a LOT of credit to them!
I don't think there was any doubt that a print existed. I believe that every insert broadcast on the show still exists in the archives/ vaults... But I could be wrong. I think I've read that Sesame Workshop has remastered/ restored/ whatever every episode of Sesame Street a number of times in the past, even before the launch of Noggin.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Even though it was the version with new background music, it looks like nothing was cut from it like I heard it was. The running time for the official version there is four minutes and 56 seconds, while the one that qbeam uploaded on YouTube back in February 2006 (taken from "The Best of Ernie and Bert" has a running time of four minutes and 50 seconds. Was the editing of the skit (i.e. cutting out parts) only done on "Elmo Says Boo?" or something, because the version Sesame Workshop has on their site appears to be uncut.
Yeah, when Sesame Workshop first uploaded this clip on Youtube (Sesame Workshop has put a number of clips on Youtube and/ or Hulu weeks/ months before putting them on sesamestreet.org) I thought it looked like something was cut at one point where the scene cut from a wide shot to a close-up shot, but after comparing it with the original version, it didn't appear to be cut.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw a clip on the site called "Doc Meets Mean Manny". It was kind of interesting... It's very much like the Sinister Sam and Bad Bart sketches, taking place at a saloon, and several people being afraid of the arrival of a mean person... Though in this one the fear isn't played up as much. The doctor isn't afraid of Mena Manny or his gang, and Mean Manny doesn't seem to be mean even before the encounter.

There's also two other things interesting about this skit. One is that a photo of Miss Piggy appears on the wall (seaosn 1 Piggy). And also, at the end the doc gives measle shots to Mena Manny, his gang, and then everybody else in the room.... And it appears that he uses the same needle for everybody. That can't be safe.

Katzi428

Reaction score
The holy grail of film clips is on the site RIGHT NOW! That's right... Baker #1 is finally on the site.
Yeah...I saw it after I noticed your signature,minor muppetz!
YAAYY! I knew I wasn't imagining things! Thanks Sesame Workshop!:smile: (and minor muppetz for calling it to our attention.:wink: )

Dshibshm

Reaction score
How about the Simon Soundman song to his wife about the sounds that remind him of her? Also, the spelling bee film that ends with the teacher announcing "another one on Monday".
The spelling bee one is in Epi 2208..

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The site now has the original ABC-DEF-GHI, listed as "Big Bird's Alphabet Song". This is the first season one Big Bird clip to be added to the site (though considering this is on Old School Vol. 1,I wish they'd added a rarer season one Big Bird sketch instead, like Chickery, Chick or that clip from the A&E Biography with Susan singing "Hey, Big Bird!").

They also added the sketch where Farely imagines who might be knocking at his door.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Is there a way to save these videos onto your computer (a la Zamzar)?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Notice were it says favorites and the upper left of your computer.

Just try adding the individuals clips to your favorites section.

Hope that helps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think there was any doubt that a print existed. I believe that every insert broadcast on the show still exists in the archives/ vaults... But I could be wrong. I think I've read that Sesame Workshop has remastered/ restored/ whatever every episode of Sesame Street a number of times in the past, even before the launch of Noggin.
If they have every episode then they have every clip, I suppose. They still had those 2 pilots hanging around after all.

Anyway, I checked it out, and I also found this interesting new skit that i just don't remember seeing. It was one of those 3-D paper cut out looking skits, and it was about a woman at a supermarket buying up cans of peas. Now, this skit would have had to have come out since season 33 or so (when they started appearing), and I'm sure I haven't seen it in any of those seasons. Could this be one of the new season 40 clips they leaked online... or perhaps something they've had and just haven't shown yet? Cuz I don't remember it at all.