Character changes?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I don't think adult Gonzo causes trouble as much as mayhem.
Trouble and mayhem though, are pretty synonomous & I said that Gonzo gets into trouble (ex: in TMM when he's carried away by baloons) and doesn't--outright, anway--cause it.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Hmm... You're right. Though I guess I'm using the word trouble in a different context.

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Hmm... You're right. Though I guess I'm using the word trouble in a different context.
This is a pretty interesting thread!

In regards to Baby Gonzo, I found that there was a change in his personality as the show progressed. Yeah he caused chaos, and took the others' belongings without really thinking, but towards the end of the show, he got pretty uncharacteristically mean in my opinion.

For example, Punchline to the Tummy, he intentionally makes Baby Fozzie think the other babies hate him. And if I recall, he took turns actively picking on Piggy. By the end of the show's run, I don't even think Gonzo had any sort of attraction to Piggy at all.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
By the end of the show's run, I don't even think Gonzo had any sort of attraction to Piggy at all.
Was he meant to in the first place? His adult counterpart certainly doesn't. XD

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
This is a pretty interesting thread!

In regards to Baby Gonzo, I found that there was a change in his personality as the show progressed. Yeah he caused chaos, and took the others' belongings without really thinking, but towards the end of the show, he got pretty uncharacteristically mean in my opinion.

For example, Punchline to the Tummy, he intentionally makes Baby Fozzie think the other babies hate him. And if I recall, he took turns actively picking on Piggy. By the end of the show's run, I don't even think Gonzo had any sort of attraction to Piggy at all.
I suppose his attitude towards Piggy was justified, considering how she handled his crush on her in the first place.

And you're right about how he treated Fozzie in Punchline to the Tummy. I could never see his adult counterpart acting in such a way.

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
You know that this also started me thinking on? Baby Scooter. Early on, it was mentioned that Scooter was stuck as the "smart one" since a more realistic Baby Scooter could possibly be translated as the other Babies bullying him. While this could indeed be the case, it started me thinking.

Now with Baby Skeeter, she sounded identical to MTM's Baby Scooter. And had adult Scooter's clothes scheme, with the light green shirt and blue shorts (Scooter's token outfit was a green jacket and blue jeans.). As for her personality, take away the jock role, and she also has adult Scooter's bratty streak and personality. Granted grown up Scooter was a lot more subtle, but he had his way of subtlely setting off Miss Piggy with an "innocent" remark, or using his uncle's position of power (Owner of the Muppet Theatre) to get something he wanted.

So it's indeed an interesting observation how Scooter had a twin sister, Skeeter, but that they made SKEETER to take after the adult Scooter, more than his own baby version ever did.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I never thought about that, but it makes sense if you think about it. And of all the characters, Baby Scooter's personality seems to be most unlike his adult self in comparison to the rest of the babies.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I never thought about that, but it makes sense if you think about it. And of all the characters, Baby Scooter's personality seems to be most unlike his adult self in comparison to the rest of the babies.
Perhaps they wanted the avoid the stereotypical librarian-esque role for Skeeter, hence the reverse in personalities?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
That's a good point too. I am glad Skeeter was given an outgoing, sporty personality. It just seems right considering the only other female lead, Piggy, is much more girly.