The State of the Jim Henson Company

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And they don't have focus because the people who knew where the focus should go are gone...

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, my professor and I were discussing the Storyteller Greek Myths, which we watched in class. We both agreed that it would be interesting to see myths from other countries that have interesting mythology that people rarely think about. One thing I loved about the Storyteller is that the stories were based on fairy tales that aren't as known in the US.
It would be nice to see myths from Egypt and more Native American ones to...They use to talk about they all the time but I hardly hear about them anymore...
Instead we get these funky manga things that don't have any of Jim's original spark. It's like the difference between the classic Looney Tunes and some disposable Baby Looney Tunes comic. Those Tokyo Pop people have greatly displeased this fan. It's just not Labyrinth or Dark Crystal no matter what the title says.
I love manga, but I don't like the story they made up being called official. It just doesn't feel like the real characters to me :\.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. And what's worse is when people takes these fond memories and take shots at them via things like YouTube Poops & Rick Rolls. Heck, the show that got me into drawing as a wee boy (as young as 3)--Pappyland--was the victim of a Rick Roll & a YouTube Poop...:frown:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Agreed. And what's worse is when people takes these fond memories and take shots at them via things like YouTube Poops & Rick Rolls. Heck, the show that got me into drawing as a wee boy (as young as 3)--Pappyland--was the victim of a Rick Roll & a YouTube Poop...:frown:
I don't like youtube poop but there is nothing I can do to combat them except make normal fan videos and hope for the best. I still say we could can them un-poops and start a new fad :excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I don't like youtube poop but there is nothing I can do to combat them except make normal fan videos and hope for the best. I still say we could can them un-poops and start a new fad :excited:
It's a nice idea. Fan made videos that don't involve utterly twisting the material in any way!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It is not the end of the world. The fond memory's are still there lol! That are not going to go away because of some poop...

Redsonga

Reaction score
It is not the end of the world. The fond memory's are still there lol! That are not going to go away because of some poop...
I know, especially in that persons case it seems like he wants to ruin it for people. We can't give him that satisfaction :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I only screw up stuff that DESERVES screwing up... Stuff that's so corny and badly done, it begs for the worst of it to be exaggerated. i've done it with one of Fliecher's worst cartoons, an episode of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, an ugly, and poorly acted version of the Riddler and the WORST episode of the cartoon version of Fraggle Rock (seriously, that episode was 90% of the fraggles gagging and choking WITHOUT my intervention... Binnoni Berries?). I wanted to do a Garfield and Friends one... but the show's so funny, there's nothing I could do that wouldn't make it less funny. But nothing that would disrespect anything that didn't need disrespect (like that horrible Yo Yogi series)

I feel JHC has been spreading itself too thin with diversifying before rebuilding its foundation. The first thing out of the gate should have been the development of the Fraggle movie followed by maybe a Labyrinth video game or animated program (to accompany the fabulous Neca figures) followed by the Dark Crystal sequel. Instead we get these funky manga things that don't have any of Jim's original spark.
Considering the buzz about the Ghostbusters videogame (a substitute/reinvention for the Heckbent CGI film), a Labyrinth game would be amazing. Something Kingdom Hearts, like with great graphics. If Labyrinth or Dark Crystal aren't deserving of a grand RPG video game, I don't know what is.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I know, especially in that persons case it seems like he wants to ruin it for people. We can't give him that satisfaction :smile:.
But the dude himself even titled his YTPoop with the hurtful words, "Nostalgic people have no sense of humor". I'd like to retort that we nostaglic fogies do have a sense of humor, but it's less cynical in nature than the humor mostly depicted today.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a question before we go even further off topic... which ones are you watching? There are some pretty horrible nasty little ones that basically use dumb sex jokes... and there are some that are just plain silly and fun: Check out some made by Froggo Fan especially Stegmutt puts out the Darkwing. See... this is made by someone who's genuinely a fan of these shows and goes for wacky humor over reprehensible stuff. Nothing offensive, nothing vulgar... just Putting out Darkwing. My only complaint is that this guy reuses the same footage over and over. But I think he's the only one who really makes great ones.