On Writing Fan Fiction (Discussion)

Redsonga

Reaction score
LOL ... please don't let Fraggles work for PETA ... I don't think I could handle it :big_grin:
Well, I just mean it could show why they don't eat meat, they would never get into any silly creature ideas about it...
Anyway, I'd rather have it be meat or a waste product than 'Ohno donuts evil! All fat baaad, eat a carrot stick all silly creatures before you diiie!' story-.- It annoyed me in supper size me when I was raised on McyDs once a week since I was little and never got fat or died, and it would annoy me in a fraggle story to:sympathy:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, it was more in response to your desire not to turn it into a PSA. They were the only group that came to mind for beating messages into your head with a stick. :stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, it was more in response to your desire not to turn it into a PSA. They were the only group that came to mind for beating messages into your head with a stick. :stick_out_tongue:
Oh, okay *lol* I just meant, if a good fanfic is going to be made about anything being bad it has to be more gentle than a PSA I think, just to not have readers running for the hills. The series writers were very good at knowing this balance :smile:.
(And after all, Red being sick from eating silly creature whatsit is nothing like my Lanford idea, they can't just go plant her in better soil *lol*)

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I guess the story isn't really such a hot idea XD I'll put it away for now.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, it's not that bad of an idea...To me, that award goes to a fic I saw once where Red had a scar from being beaten...I dunno, certain things if not done just so :\

Redsonga

Reaction score
Hmm.. I've never heard of a "SST Beginning" story, but then I've never looked for a SST story before :smile: I say go for it if you want to.

As for The Count, I'd try to keep it in character and believable, and be sure to warn people (since the show is supposed to be for toddlers and children)
I've looked everywhere so I guess there hasn't been:sympathy:.

Anyway I would keep the The Count in character...at the same time that SST is a show for little ones the characters themselves also have, like, two generations of grown up fans so I think a dark fic might work if it is done out of love...:insatiable:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
From experience, I can vouch for how fast "dark" makes the crickets chirp. *shrugs* I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing such a fic, but then again, I write things like that all the time.

Redsonga

Reaction score
From experience, I can vouch for how fast "dark" makes the crickets chirp. *shrugs* I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing such a fic, but then again, I write things like that all the time.
Oh I know it does, I mean But to fly... is a good example :stick_out_tongue:, and Rock and Rain did only so-so... But still, they were stories I felt like I had to write.
I think one or two dark thoughtful (but made out of love) SST fics might just be what the section on FF.net needs, even if they only get one or two reviews. Right now most of them seem to be..odd or written on a hatefilled sugar high:embarrassed:.
I mean, it is not like I am going to put any moonlight snuggling scenes in (the stories):stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I am asking this everywhere I write to get everyones ideas:

In a story that is written all in limited first person how would you go about showing flashbacks as someone is telling them a story? Would it be okay to break into 3rd person just for those times? I know just about everything about writing first person expect for this..And no, I have no plans to ever write it all in 3rd person

Also, how would you write something like a montage to show the scenes from a certain passage of time? I don't want to dwell on what happens in this certain time period, but I don't want to skip over it as it shows many of the growing connections between the characters...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, "limited" means just that. The best the main character could do is imagine it. So, in that respect, you could use flashbacks, just introduce them as the main character trying to visualize what the other character is telling them.