On Writing Fan Fiction (Discussion)

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, "limited" means just that. The best the main character could do is imagine it. So, in that respect, you could use flashbacks, just introduce them as the main character trying to visualize what the other character is telling them.
But still, if it was a character visualizing, it would flip over to 3rd person wouldn't it? My main character is very vocal in her mind, so it would otherwise have her talking to herself about things, and for this I would rather the scene and the mood just speak for itself. This wouldn't be a common thing...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, in that context, it would go to 3rd person.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I'm a new fanfic writer with a total of... one story on this site so far. It's a JHH fic called A Robotic Heart, with Digit as the main character and the narrator.

I have a little problem (besides not knowing the immediate actions of the next chapter). Even though I put a lot of time and effort into the story, it gets very few reviews. How can I get more reviews for my story?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of off-hand is alter your sig to give a brief description (very brief) like "The Story of Digit, Muppet Cyborg" or something like that.

Redsonga

Reaction score
It could be because a lot of us didn't get to see the show he was in. I remember what he looks like but I don't remember ever getting to see the show :frown:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
(nods) That makes a lot of sense. That's a problem with cross-overs, as well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Bear in mind that every thread posted here, including fanfic stories, have two numbers beneath them. The first is the number of people who've read through the thread, including possible multiple readings by the same person; the second is how many people have replied. But one thing I always say is... So long as the story is one that you as the author want to keep telling, then keep writing/posting. The people who do reply appreciate what's come so far. Hope this helps Cait. :smile: :cool:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Your fic has ten reviewers :smile:. One of mine only has seven and two of those people aren't members anymore... I think you are doing fine :smile: