What would it take....

Redsonga

Reaction score
..to make Big Bird the main character of SS again? Weather or not it is realistic aside for the moment, what do you think would have to be done to make it happen? :wisdom:
And for that matter if it did happen but his actor were to die one day (heaven forbid) who would SS get to play him? It is not like Forgetful were he was not a main character so they could just drop him like he was never made IMHO, even now Big Bird is at the very least the common backbone of SS, no matter who has the spotlight...

Hmm..maybe I'm thinking too much but these questions have been running though my head for a while:embarrassed:...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I do not think that they could just drop forgetful He had too much of an impact of the show and I think without his preform it is a tough thing to do.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And for that matter if it did happen but his actor were to die one day (heaven forbid) who would SS get to play him?
Simply put, one who could perform Carroll's characters well, just as Eric has done with Frank's & Steve has done with Jim's.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
..to make Big Bird the main character of SS again? Weather or not it is realistic aside for the moment, what do you think would have to be done to make it happen? :wisdom:
And for that matter if it did happen but his actor were to die one day (heaven forbid) who would SS get to play him?
Why don't we worry about that when the time comes? Plus you mean muppetteer, not actor.

As for BB being a main character, why does it even matter? The audience doesn't mind.
As far as I'm concerned, BB never was a main character.

I joined MC to talk about SS past and not even to concern myself with present day SS so why not do the same thing and stop complaining about the way SS is now? The show is not for us.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Why don't we worry about that when the time comes? Plus you mean muppetteer, not actor.
Because it is something worthwhile to talk about. You don't have to if you don't want to :sympathy:

As for BB being a main character, why does it even matter? The audience doesn't mind.
It matters. And the only reason they don't mind one way or another is becuase they were not around in the past, and if what they see when they are little shapes their tastes to begin with why not Big Bird? He still has many things to teach...
As far as I'm concerned, BB never was a main character.
*lol* You must have not watched much SS in the 80's then :coy:

I joined MC to talk about SS past and not even to concern myself with present day SS so why not do the same thing
Because, I am sorry, but I am not you. I have many different reasons for joining but just talking about the past and never questioning or wondering about the future are not one of them :halo:
and stop complaining about the way SS is now?
I was not complaining. I was only asking what if BB was the main character again (which he was, very much so) and if they set their sights on making him such again what would have to be done to do so? Very simple, not at all a complaint.

The show is not for us.
No, but it is for my future baby someday and as such I feel more than entitled to question the future of SS even if nothing should come of my wondering but a new discussion on a forum^.^.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The writers need to make more Big Bird stories.

That is all.

We already HAVE a recast for Big Bird anyway (Matt Vogel)... it's not like there's anything stopping that. it's all about the writers at this point.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The writers need to make more Big Bird stories.

That is all.

We already HAVE a recast for Big Bird anyway (Matt Vogel)... it's not like there's anything stopping that. it's all about the writers at this point.
I guess it is like everything else on tv, the writers are ether good and there or there but so-so. Good enough to get good ratings but not really do anything that makes you really stop and take notice or change anything...I'm not saying todays SS is like that at all, but its stories could always be even better :excited:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Because it is something worthwhile to talk about. You don't have to if you don't want to :sympathy:

It matters. And the only reason they don't mind one way or another is becuase they were not around in the past, and if what they see when they are little shapes their tastes to begin with why not Big Bird? He still has many things to teach...

*lol* You must have not watched much SS in the 80's then :coy:

Because, I am sorry, but I am not you. I have many different reasons for joining but just talking about the past and never questioning or wondering about the future are not one of them :halo:

]I was not complaining. I was only asking what if BB was the main character again (which he was, very much so) and if they set their sights on making him such again what would have to be done to do so? Very simple, not at all a complaint.

No, but it is for my future baby someday and as such I feel more than entitled to question the future of SS even if nothing should come of my wondering but a new discussion on a forum^.^.
yes you are right it is here for our feauter babies someday , it is a wonderful show and we should be concerned if we thought that it needed some work somewhere and yes i truly belive that they need to make more stories for big bird .
He is a wonderful part of the show and in my opoion one of th main ones .

They really need to make a more stories for him .

i sure hope that they do

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. The Street without Big Bird (who was a main character, considering he was the one to get movies & specials [ex: Follow That Bird] before Elmo's rise in fame) would be The Muppets without Rowlf & Scooter, the WWE without The Undertaker & Kane, and Invader ZIM without Dib & Tak (for without Rowlf & Scooter to pave the way, The Muppets wouldn't be as big as they are; without The Phenom & The Big Red Machine, big guys in the pro wrestling business wouldn't get as much respect as they seem to; without Dib & Tak, Zim & Gaz would have nobody to play off of).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Out of the episodes aired so far, BB has been in 5 not counting EW. elmo's barley appeared outside his own segment.