Rumor: Abby gets own segment

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's only too late if you think it is too late :wink:. The same goes for the makers of the show I think...I'm sure that they will come back and be good again sooner or later, as soon as someone comes along and is willing to take more risks and not see it as hopeless :smile:. Mr. Henson didn't give up when the odds were against him and we shouldn't ether...There are always new people climbing the ladder to be new voices about important things, and sooner or later I'm sure it will be one of us :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Mr. Henson didn't give up when the odds were against him and we shouldn't ether...There are always new people climbing the ladder to be new voices about important things, and sooner or later I'm sure it will be one of us :smile:
That's the spirit! :wisdom:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's only too late if you think it is too late :wink:. The same goes for the makers of the show I think...I'm sure that they will come back and be good again sooner or later, as soon as someone comes along and is willing to take more risks and not see it as hopeless :smile:. Mr. Henson didn't give up when the odds were against him and we shouldn't ether...There are always new people climbing the ladder to be new voices about important things, and sooner or later I'm sure it will be one of us :smile:
Yeah, but it's been like forty years and how much longer can this show possible go on? I mean you would have to just take it one year at a time from this point on. When you have been on this long sometimes it is just beyond repair. Besides, by the time they can probably get their act together, it may jsut be too late.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's only too late cuz they think it's too late. That's the problem with the show, they had to stress structure, and they've raised a generation of Rainman....if Elmo's World doesn't come on, they panic and fidget and ask "Where's Elmo?" which was the problem last year. I say the heck with that. You may alienate the 3 and 4 year olds still watching, but the new kids entering won't know or care that it's there or not (and the way they pander to the youngest of the young, they kids don't even care if you put on an episode or a flashing picture of Elmo with cartoon sound effects for an hour).

If there's one segment that was based on a character that I'd like to still see produced (I mentioned this five minutes ago in another thread) it's the "Baby Talk with Natasha" segments. If you're going to do something like that, at least be clever and satirical about it. I mean, yeah, I've seen a lot of fun, satirical things in Elmo's world over the years...Multiple references to Looney Tunes in "ears" including the wrong turn at Albuquerque, a pair of Groucho Marx Glasses introduced with "Hooray for Captain Spaulding" instrumentally playing in the background... I just wish they;d do more of that and less of "Let's see Mr. Noodle comedically put on pants for 5 minutes so kids can yell at the TV like we can hear them."

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's been like forty years and how much longer can this show possible go on? I mean you would have to just take it one year at a time from this point on. When you have been on this long sometimes it is just beyond repair. Besides, by the time they can probably get their act together, it may jsut be too late.
But it's that line of thought that makes things a self fulfilling prophecy :sympathy:. It should not be seen as 'oh well it's lasted forty years, it can't really last much longer, let's just grade it year by year like a dying person eating green jello' it should be 'Wow, this show is forty years old, how can we make the next forty even better?' Old age, even in tv shows, should be treated as a gift, not a 'oh it's so old now its going to die next week' sentence :smile:.

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I haven't watched a new episode of Sesame Street in years, but even I would be disappointed if that ended up being true. :sympathy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But it's that line of thought that makes things a self fulfilling prophecy :sympathy:. It should not be seen as 'oh well it's lasted forty years, it can't really last much longer, let's just grade it year by year like a dying person eating green jello' it should be 'Wow, this show is forty years old, how can we make the next forty even better?' Old age, even in tv shows, should be treated as a gift, not a 'oh it's so old now its going to die next week' sentence :smile:.
I'm sorry. But the law of gravity states that what goes in an upward position mush come down. You may not like it, but that is sadly the truth with many things. Even things that were good to begin with. Some things do get better with age, but that is not the case with all things. Some stuff just hits it's peak and goes down in quality. It happens. It really does. Time can wear on things.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm sorry. But the law of gravity states that what goes in an upward position mush come down. You may not like it, but that is sadly the truth with many things. Even things that were good to begin with. Some things do get better with age, but that is not the case with all things. Some stuff just hits it's peak and goes down in quality. It happens. It really does. Time can wear on things.
But what I am saying is just because it does doesn't mean it will stay down, and just because it happens never means there is no hope :smile:. Most of all when, unlike gravity, we humans have complete control over something, like a tv show.
If you want to give up you are more that welcome to, but that is not my nature about things, most of all if my dream of writing for SS or a show like it has anything to do with it:excited: .

mikebennidict

Reaction score
But it's that line of thought that makes things a self fulfilling prophecy :sympathy:. It should not be seen as 'oh well it's lasted forty years, it can't really last much longer
It will last as long as there's an audience for it.

Let's not even go down that road.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Unfortunately, many TV shows are cancelled even when there is an audience. I'm not saying that's what will happen here. Just saying it's not that simple.