25th Anniversary Follow That Bird Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAO

Reaction score
now we're getting waaay off topic.. problem is ppl somehow bring Elmo into every classic SS thing comparing.. let's just focus on the DVD coming out and what will be on it! That's the best part of it all...

the featurette is featured in the promo for the dvd.. so let's just ponder on what's to come! not what's already here and gone... past is the past.. elmo's come and kindly took over but let's look at the greater things that this dvd could promise classic SS fans!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Who says that The Muppets had to be SS. Prehaps some fraggles would be the cure...:coy:
Well, I figure baby steps :smile:. I think that it would help to have a taste for all sorts of characters though:smile:. And this movie is good for that...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
now we're getting waaay off topic.. problem is ppl somehow bring Elmo into every classic SS thing comparing.. let's just focus on the DVD coming out and what will be on it! That's the best part of it all...
Yes yes, we're just concerned about how the DVD will be received by today's kids (and their parents :wink: ). Hopefully minds will be open. Classic SS isn't just for older fans. :smile:`

the featurette is featured in the promo for the dvd.. so let's just ponder on what's to come!
I do hope it has some genunie talk about the movie, and not too superficial. :smile:

AAO

Reaction score
Yes yes, we're just concerned about how the DVD will be received by today's kids (and their parents :wink: ). Hopefully minds will be open. Classic SS isn't just for older fans. :smile:`

I do hope it has some genunie talk about the movie, and not too superficial. :smile:

i agree!

i do want interviews with Carroll Spinney and some of the human cast as well as other muppeteers... y'know? Sadly, I know that there probably can't be any "puppeteer" stuff with Carroll - like how they operated Oscar or Big Bird cuz it's for kids! Maybe as an easter egg? lol

could u imagine the shock kids would get then? oh my!

I would just like to know the whereabouts of miss finch and the dodo's.. not only the charaters but as wellas the puppets! that'd be great to bring'em out of storage and use them on SS!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Sadly, I know that there probably can't be any "puppeteer" stuff with Carroll - like how they operated Oscar or Big Bird cuz it's for kids! Maybe as an easter egg? lol
could u imagine the shock kids would get then? oh my!
I actually even as an adult don't really want to see that, call me a silly little kid if you want to, but I still like thinking of them as two different 'people'. BB is one of the muppets I have a hard time seeing as just a 'thing':wisdom:. JR Gorg, Kermit, Barkley and Snuffy are also on that list :coy:

AAO

Reaction score
well... i agree.. even though I know Carroll etc... is in there performing. I stillfeel like he's real. The only time I don't feel that is when Matt Vogel performs him.. I'm not use to that yet... being a puppeteer with some of our furry friends from muppets etc.. is fun! Treelo from Bear in the big blue house always seems real to me when we "perform" together.. lol...

but Carroll never wanted cameras around or anything when he was taking the 'bird' off or on... especially kids. there was a story of carroll filming as big bird in central park and a kid saw big bird taken off of him and the kid freaked out. carroll put the bird back on and chased after him to tell him that Big Bird was okay... lol . how sweet!

Even though you would see Jim in interviews with Kermit on his hands.. there was a relative reality to that Kermit was real. Just like when Kermit was on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson... the techs kept putting the mic on Kermit instead of Jim.. they forgot he was a puppet! haha!

A&E Biography was the first time that Big Bird was really "revealed" on camera as Big Bird in shots from the "hurricane episodes"... There's shots of him taking the bird on and off and operating him.. it was great to see.. Bear works the same way as Big Bird and it's so neat! I love the way they're performed...

But the dvd, i understand, wouldn't have that kind of material... it should though have lots of inteviews or making of the movie.. SOMETHING! It needs to be boosted and shown... at least pics of the set they built just for that movie... that set was amazing!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Personally I grew up seeing Muppet documentaries and how the puppets worked and it never bothered me, even at a very young age. I loved learning more. But all kids are different. I would have been relieved if I saw that there was a person under a puppet or costume becaused I got scared easily, lol. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Personally I grew up seeing Muppet documentaries and how the puppets worked and it never bothered me, even at a very young age. I loved learning more. But all kids are different. I would have been relieved if I saw that there was a person under a puppet or costume becaused I got scared easily, lol.
I've always more lived in my own fantasy bubble *lol*
I guess I am one of the few where human beings scared me a lot more often than puppets:sympathy:. To me, puppets could do no real harm but real people, there was no limit to what they could do..but then, most of the live action movies I saw when I was little were very..depressing:stick_out_tongue:
But the dvd, i understand, wouldn't have that kind of material... it should though have lots of inteviews or making of the movie.. SOMETHING! It needs to be boosted and shown... at least pics of the set they built just for that movie... that set was amazing!
There should be something about the first main humans on SS, I have not seen Bob do anything in a long while:concern:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've always more lived in my own fantasy bubble *lol*
I guess I am one of the few where human beings scared me a lot more often than puppets:sympathy:. To me, puppets could do no real harm but real people, there was no limit to what they could do..but then, most of the live action movies I saw when I was little were very..depressing:stick_out_tongue:
Well I was a weird kid, lol. I was very shy and not particularly more comfortable around people. Just that I had a very active imagination and got nervous around those live walk around characters. Though, I didn't mind Sesame Place, so maybe it would have been OK, lol.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Well I was a weird kid, lol. I was very shy and not particularly more comfortable around people. Just that I had a very active imagination and got nervous around those live walk around characters. Though, I didn't mind Sesame Place, so maybe it would have been OK, lol.
Lol I shook hands with a walk around banana and a doughnut off wrigley's ads. And some woman was like "Gee people are getting kinky with that banana"

Status
Not open for further replies.