Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does their apartment complex look like it belongs on SS? It would be really cool if ALL the Muppets lived in that neighborhood.
The whole special felt like it should have taken place on SS with the SS characters instead of Kermit and his crazy crew.

I thought it was cute, but again...too kiddy for my tastes. I'm hoping to warm up to it more upon furthur viewings.

Fozzie: I think he sees a side of Gonzo he recognizes in himself. I never saw Muppets from Space, so I don't know what happened there. However, given what Fozzie did in the last Xmas special, it seems he and Gonzo might be becoming better friends.
There wasn't really much interaction between the two in MFS, sadly. However, I agree that it was great to see these two have a scene together. In fact, it was great to see the best friends trio (Gonzo/Fozzie/Kermit) back together in this.

Bunsen: Thought so.
I never really thought much of it until this special with the slight hints, same deal with Dumbledore. Love them both regardless!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Like I said I would of loved to see Scooter and Rowlf join the gang in getting to the North Pole.

Another thing is (maybe this is just me) but Statlor and Waldorf didn't come off as funny in this, just somewhat corny. Like there jokes were even worse than Fozzie's jokes.

The thing with Pepe singing at the end though was also cheesey.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Didn't see the special, but from what I'm reading it sounds to me like The Muppets are headed in the right direction!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It looks like most people are saying it was good, could have been better but had some nice moments. Definitely wasn't their worst nightmare. :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think the problem over all is that there isn't enough time to do that much with about 43-45 minutes worth of screen time. Had this been a 2 hour special, then I would have expected the special to be better with more characters doing what not and such.

I liked that Gonzo felt he was responsible and had to make things right.

But I did miss seeing characters like Clifford, Johnny, and Sal. I don't know how involved Brian Henson was in the film and I can probably guess Kevin Clash was busy with Sesame Street.

This is the second christmas special in 6 years not to feature Clifford!

TripleG

Reaction score
I enjoyed it. It was cute. It was certainly better than Muppets from Space & Wizard of Oz.

- I liked how they made an effort to incorporate alot of the older Muppets who haven't had a chance to shine in a long time. Rowlf, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Janice, & one of my all time favorites CRAZY HARRY (I went nuts when I saw him!) all had speaking roles which is something they haven't had in a long time. They also included Statler & Waldorf (loved the Silent Night joke), Swedish Chef, Sam the Eagle, Sweetums, and all my old favorites of the supporting cast.

- I'm going to say this: Bobo is hysterical. He was one of my favorite parts of Muppets from Space, and I loved him here. He's becoming a favorite of mine. I've also come to accept Pepe as part of the main cast.

- I liked this this was kind of a return to form in some ways. The last few Muppet adventures that I've seen centered more on Gonzo & Rizzo, but this one seemed to reestablish Kermit, Fozzie, & Gonzo as the main trio like they were in The Great Muppet Caper (my personal favorite). Gonzo was particularly cute. We also got Sam making a special public service message, Scooter was running around calling Kermit chief & being a gopher, even a Muppet Labs segment (sort of)

- I really liked Uma Thurman & Nathan Lane's cameos. I loved them in The Producers, so I'm kind of high on them. Nathan Lane's interrogation bit with Bobo, Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rizzo, & Pepe. That was probably the funniest part of the whole thing.

- The songs were alright. Nothing too memorable, but nothing bad either.

So overall it was nothing special or grand, but it was funny and cute, and thats all I was expecting. I didn't see the last Christmas special they did so I can't really compare it, but I'd say this is the best Muppet movie/special I've seen since Muppet Treasure Island. The Best Muppet Christmas special is still Muppet Family Christmas from 1987, but this was a welcomed effort from the Muppet crew.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I liked that Gonzo felt he was responsible and had to make things right.
I did like that very much. It's an inspiration; it's never too late to make things right if you care. :smile:

And I did like the "What happened at the post office" bit with Fozzie, lol.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This is the second Christmas special in 6 years not to feature Clifford! And Brian was also in the last special as well.
That's true. But Kevin did have a few lines for Sam that he did in post production. But it is too bad none of those characters couldn't be there. Brian was also in the last special as well.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Like many have said before, I really enjoyed this special. It was a bit condensed, and certain plot points were a little rushed (I thought that it would have been more effective if there was more reflecting time before Kermit made up his mind to go to the North pole - it was a little abrupt). However, the spirit and soul of the Muppets was there in a way that it hasn't been since (in my opinion) The Muppet Christmas Carol. The last scene was AWESOME! (in a weird way it reminded me of the last scene from Labyrinth when all of Sarah's friends just show up in her bedroom when she misses them!).

I also thought there was enough adult humor thrown in there to stop the show from being too kiddy. And Nathan Lane and Bobo? What can I say, fricking HILARIOUS! In my opinion, they stole the show!

Really, though, I though everyone was great (from human to chicken :wink:

Great work, guys, keep it up...

houseofjust

Reaction score
Letter to Santa

:smile:I work as a Letter Carrier in Denver and I am a BIG Muppet/Kermit fan. This special was better then anything Disney tried with DC Almost Live. Just having the whole gang back together doing what Kermit and company do best was a very long awaited welcome to me. I say Hi Ho and thanks for the Christmas gift. More More! Gary