Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I did like that very much. It's an inspiration; it's never too late to make things right if you care. :smile:

And I did like the "What happened at the post office" bit with Fozzie, lol.
Fozzie had a lapse in memory! He had "Zoot-itess" where you forget recent things!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i really can't see what people are saying. I really thought that the story had a whole lot of heart. I also thought that Gonzo and fozzie's song was just wonderful!

pattywack

Reaction score
I don't think anyone saw my message, I was just wondering how the swedish chef did? In Studio DC I was SO dissapointed, I thought he was so off!

So glad to hear Rowlf was in this special more than usual, I've missed him so much!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I enjoyed this. I really did. But it sort of made me think what's been missing from the Muppets even since MCC or rather, since Jim Henson passed away.

It was great to see the Muppets all in one place. I had a problem with some elements of the story, but it was sweet. I just felt disconnected, I suppose. There was a goal, but there was also a level of "Why should I care?". I just didn't have a reason to care about the girl and her mom. I wanted to, but it was missing something. Maybe an element of urgency or a deeper meaning. Not something like "Oh, we have to get these leters from terminally ill kids to Santa!" but something to make me care. I think that if there were some fixes with the story, everything would have fallen into place nicely.

This special was really sweet and almost-touching, but the Muppets just don't seem to have that natural connection and warmth that they really had when Jim was here. And sadly, I don't ever think that feeling will ever be captured again. Perhaps that's fitting though. When Jim Henson passed away, the world lost something really special and I don't think I really want to see the Muppets go on without him. Does that make any sense? I know that probably sounds weird. No, I'm not trying to say the Muppets should top making new things, but I really feel as though I need to stop judging new projects with the old projects. I mean, the spirt needs to be there and the Muppets need to be Muppets... But it will never be the same without Jim.

(Sorry. I really don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer) Okay, back on the subject:

It was great to see Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo together in a sort of GMC style. Perhaps it was because Gonzo was carrying most of the weight of the problem, but Kermit came off as being a bit more mellow and Kermit-like, which was nice in comparison to the more excited Kermit we've been seeing lately. Nathan Lane and Bobo were hilarious! I couldn't help but to laugh out loud! Did Bobo's eyes seem large to anyone else? As far as the other guest stars... I didn't really connect with them at all. They were very throw away and could have just as well have not been there.

Unfortuantly, though I was trying to give this special my undevided attention, I was somewhat distracted while watching it. I probably need to watch it again to have a proper opinion. This is something that I would love to see again and would buy on DVD.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't think anyone saw my message, I was just wondering how the swedish chef did? In Studio DC I was SO dissapointed, I thought he was so off!

So glad to hear Rowlf was in this special more than usual, I've missed him so much!
Personaly i thought Chef did really well! Trying to make a Sweetish Pizza!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
But I did miss seeing characters like Clifford, Johnny, and Sal. I don't know how involved Brian Henson was in the film and I can probably guess Kevin Clash was busy with Sesame Street.

This is the second christmas special in 6 years not to feature Clifford!
Me personally I don't have anything against thoes characters, I kind of like them, but I don't really miss them. That's just me

Well i really can't see what people are saying. I really thought that the story had a whole lot of heart. I also thought that Gonzo and fozzie's song was just wonderful!
I totally agree it did have heart. That song with Fozzie and Gonzo was awesome too. I love the friendship Gonzo and Fozzie displayed in this special. It was nice to see more interaction between Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo as a trio, rather than just Kermit and Fozzie or Kermit and Gonzo. I love to have the MP3 for that song.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I must say I was surprised to see the show focusing on :concern:, but it worked overall as he showed himself to be a good dedicated friend. I also Love the song between him and Fozzie.

Overall the jokes were bad, but the songs were great. I truly did enjoy the :eek:'s wish moment as that was kind of funny and was touched by :rolleyes:'s wish getting granted.

Still it was great to see the Muppet gang together and it was heartfelt at the end of the story.

I trulyd did enjoyed it.

AAO

Reaction score
Swedish Chef was done well.

Oh and Clifford... well, funny because on imdb it shows that him and Sal are in it... but they're nowhere to be found. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that they were in it but were cut out and if it comes out on DVD you can see them in the deleted features. I can see why Clifford was cut out of IAVMMCM ... He was never apart of the theater.. neither was Sal or Johnny, OR PEPE! But it could seem that Clifford was "too cool" for live theater... he's a tv personality.. HAHA!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I also really liked the Kermit Piggy story. I think it could have played out a little more, and maybe on the DVD it will. I like the fact that Kermit really wanted to go with Piggy, but really knew that doing the right thing should come first.

For the Little girl I could really relate to her, and thought she was really touching.

Did anyone eles like that at the very first where they where showing the credits and on each letters had a Muppet Stamp. I thought that was a nice touch.

Who else was glad to see Floyd and Robin talk with some nice long lines?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but the Muppets just don't seem to have that natural connection and warmth that they really had when Jim was here. And sadly, I don't ever think that feeling will ever be captured again. Perhaps that's fitting though. When Jim Henson passed away, the world lost something really special and I don't think I really want to see the Muppets go on without him. Does that make any sense? I know that probably sounds weird. No, I'm not trying to say the Muppets should top making new things, but I really feel as though I need to stop judging new projects with the old projects. I mean, the spirt needs to be there and the Muppets need to be Muppets... But it will never be the same without Jim.
I understand, I mean I don't think it will ever be as good as it once was. If something's classic, by its nature it can't be easily repeated. If it could, it wouldn't be as special. :smile: