Your Thoughts: Street Gang – The Complete History of Sesame Street

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The inclusion of Abby is important, but I'd really like the focus to be on the rest of the 40 Sesame seasons. That seems to be what they did. :super:

I wonder how much frank Frank Oz discussion it contains. We know he has some disagreements with the show's direction over the past few years.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I'm in Chapter 14 I believe and I have to say I LOVE THIS BOOK! It's indepth but not boring. Everything ties into everything else and it's just so marvelous to see how SS came together.

I will say though that I'm VERY disappointed with inclusion of curse words, particularly the F-bomb. I realize this book isn't geared towards kids at all, but it's not classy to have them included. Yes, they are quotes from interviewees but still, I think it would've been better to censor them with the first letter and hyphens...we still get the gist of what is being said and, sure, we KNOW what's being said, but it just seems more in line with the innocence of SS to have it not printed all the way out.

But that's my only complaint so far!

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure but don't authors generally prefer not to censor their interviews? I do understand your concern, I don't like it when people curse too much either.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I got mine today. I know what I'll be doing New Year's Day. :wisdom:

BEAR

Reaction score
I just bought the book the other day with a Borders gift card I got for Christmas. It looks beautiful and I can't wait to plunge into it! I don't really want to read this thread much yet because I don't want it to spoil what I haven't read. I will post my thoughts when I get further into reading. So excited to read this book!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've been reading and skimming through the book and there's a lot of new info to me. Like the exact time Jim passed away.

Plus, the funniest quote - "Prairie is the Muppet most loved by librarians."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, It is the COMPLETE history, and in recent year's they had to introduce another major female character, for various reasons.
Definitely! :smile: As long as the history of SS doesn't take a back seat to the more recent stuff that still needs to stand the test of time (no offence to the newer characters). :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just got this book today! I'm only on page seven but it's a fun ride so far!