How are you a Henson-Muppet fan?

Kiki

Reaction score
I know! The chick, Sarah, is a moron! She... HAD to get her baby brother, I mean seriously, she could've had David Bowie as a slave, who wouldn't wan-

...uh... and then we move on. XP

I saw The Dark Crystal when I was about 9, I actually remember buying it on video. I still love it as much as I did then, and yet everyone else I know who has seen it -except your guys :smile:- found it really dissapointing. I found it so clever, especially fer what- early 80s? Saw Labyrinth a little later, I was about 11. Watched it when I saw sick, the DVd was scratchy, so I missed a large majority of it. Other than the fact that I didn't understand the plot, due to missing parts, and didn't get it, I enjoyed it. But I found an old copy on video, and that worked, so it was all good. :smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I know! The chick, Sarah, is a moron!She HAD to get her baby brother, I mean seriously, she could've had David Bowie as a slave, who wouldn't wan-

...uh... and then we move on. XP

I saw The Dark Crystal when I was about 9, I actually remember buying it on video. I still love it as much as I did then, and yet everyone else I know who has seen it -except your guys :smile:- found it really dissapointing. I found it so clever, especially fer what- early 80s? Saw Labyrinth a little later, I was about 11. Watched it when I saw sick, the DVd was scratchy, so I missed a large majority of it. Other than the fact that I didn't understand the plot, due to missing parts, and didn't get it, I enjoyed it. But I found an old copy on video, and that worked, so it was all good. :smile:
That reminds me of a funny story.... My dad knew a guy when he was at uni that like David Bowie so much he changed his name, first and last to just Bowie. I recall watching The Dark Crystal last year for art, and being the only person in the room excited about it, and now me and my friends have a long running joke that goes "I'm gonna say something that will make you cringe" "What?" "The Dark Crystal" *Shudder*
Lol the whole class was bored to death by it, cause we had to keep stopping and starting it and taking sketches of the characters, nothing like the first time I saw it, in Year 4 when we did dance, it was called off and they lumped all of the primary schoolers into one studio and we watched it lol. In case you wanted to know, I went to a stupid performing arts school and dance was compulsory :rolleyes:

Kiki

Reaction score
Really? Sounds cool, actually. But I understand if you didn't enjoy it, I don't even know how I'd go at those places, but I met someone recently who goes to one. ^^
Yeah, everyone I know just hates The Dark Crystal, they all find it really boring, and yet I love it.
You are SO lucky that you got to study it! I remember my old art teacher worked with The Muppets and she told me and I was, like, having a heart-attack and everyone was like, "err, and...?" Lol, "dark Crystal!" *Shudders* A couple of my closer friends love it too, but they like Labyrinth just as much. I use a lot of references, like my friend was trying to make up an excuse not to go swimming, and I'm like, "y'see, she has a bad allergic reaction to the clorine. Her skin dries up... like, really sevrely. Have you seen that bit in the Dark Crystal where the skeksi dies? Yeah, that's what happens. She just crumbles up, And her jaw drops off. yeah..." lol.

Bowie! I always thought that's an aweosme name. I mean- I know it's not his REAL name, but still...

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Really? Sounds cool, actually. But I understand if you didn't enjoy it, I don't even know how I'd go at those places, but I met someone recently who goes to one. ^^
Yeah, everyone I know just hates The Dark Crystal, they all find it really boring, and yet I love it.
You are SO lucky that you got to study it! I remember my old art teacher worked with The Muppets and she told me and I was, like, having a heart-attack and everyone was like, "err, and...?" Lol, "dark Crystal!" *Shudders* A couple of my closer friends love it too, but they like Labyrinth just as much. I use a lot of references, like my friend was trying to make up an excuse not to go swimming, and I'm like, "y'see, she has a bad allergic reaction to the clorine. Her skin dries up... like, really sevrely. Have you seen that bit in the Dark Crystal where the skeksi dies? Yeah, that's what happens. She just crumbles up, And her jaw drops off. yeah..." lol.

Bowie! I always thought that's an aweosme name. I mean- I know it's not his REAL name, but still...
Well, I mean, Dance made me super flexible, and I learnt Clarinet and Drums and musical theater, along with music theory, can't go wrong with those skills. I go to a selective stream in a public high school now, cause the stream I was in at the perfoming arts place ended.

Kiki

Reaction score
Sounds good, actually! I mean, all those things you got to learn... dancing, drums, clarinet, theatre, music theory... wow! That's tons! :smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Sounds good, actually! I mean, all those things you got to learn... dancing, drums, clarinet, theatre, music theory... wow! That's tons! :smile:
Yeah and until I hit highschool I had no Idea how much I learnt. I'm glad I did learn all of that, just at the time I thought it sucked, even though Now I realise that learning music/musical instruments was vital. The other thing is, there was a full on concert showcase for music (Where I was a Hobo for "Oliver") but some year 10s covered Bon Jovi, and that's how I became a Bon Jovi fan.:big_grin:

Kiki

Reaction score
That's awesome, that! The arts are very underappreciated at my school, they couldn't be bothered with you, unless you're one of those kids who are in every single thing possible and your parents are wealthy and stuff. -_- Of coarse, there's some decent teachers (my faves are my science teacher, my literature teacher and my old drama teacher, they actually treat me like a human being) but most of them are over-the-top feminists (even the males at times), who think everything is "un-Christian". XP Lol, I was a hobo too in a play! Well, a music performance, it was about two years ago... can't remember the song right now though, too "blah".

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
That's awesome, that! The arts are very underappreciated at my school, they couldn't be bothered with you, unless you're one of those kids who are in every single thing possible and your parents are wealthy and stuff. -_- Of coarse, there's some decent teachers (my faves are my science teacher, my literature teacher and my old drama teacher, they actually treat me like a human being) but most of them are over-the-top feminists (even the males at times), who think everything is "un-Christian". XP Lol, I was a hobo too in a play! Well, a music performance, it was about two years ago... can't remember the song right now though, too "blah".
Lol I hate "ponce-y" people that parade around the fact that they are Uber-rich, and they have all this high end stuff, but they have no talent. I also hate people that think everything is Anti-Christian, like you say "Ozzy Osbourne" and somebody goes "IT'S THE DEVIL". Sure, some bands I like have some "Evil" songs, but none of them are really that far into it, it's all show. E.g Cradle of Filth are often accused of being Vampyric or Satanic, when very few of their songs actually adress Christianity, and when they do, it is usually to tell a story or indicated doom in general, considering the concept albums they have recorded.

Kiki

Reaction score
Lol I hate "ponce-y" people that parade around the fact that they are Uber-rich, and they have all this high end stuff, but they have no talent. I also hate people that think everything is Anti-Christian, like you say "Ozzy Osbourne" and somebody goes "IT'S THE DEVIL". Sure, some bands I like have some "Evil" songs, but none of them are really that far into it, it's all show. E.g Cradle of Filth are often accused of being Vampyric or Satanic, when very few of their songs actually adress Christianity, and when they do, it is usually to tell a story or indicated doom in general, considering the concept albums they have recorded.
Oui! Oui! HIGH. FIVE. I know, it's just... stupid! Heh, sounds like my Grandma. Our family isn't... alarmingly religous, she's the only really religous one, but to a point where it gets a little bit ludicrous (and yet my Nanna, on my dad's side can't stick church!). Whenever I mention a band she's like, "are they satanic?" I do love her, but she's very easy to stir up (I once put a KISS poster in her room fer a laugh), and she's a bit too outspoker fer her own good. :smirk: My older borther's a metalhead, right? So my Grandma's jumping to all these conclusions like, "he must be worshipping the devil!" or "he's depressed!" errr, noooooo. She hates Alice Cooper, because he's "evil". She hasn't heard any of his music, soooo... pretty much she's saying that he's evil because he wears eye-makeup, leather and likes tongue-in-cheek horror. So do I! But yeah, our school is so serious about everything, including the people, it's just so easy to stir them up, and sometimes they just need it. I mean, I have a friend and she's like, "how did you get so talented?" (I'm not talented, really, but anyway..) and I convinced her I sold my soul to the devil, lol! I was clearly joking, but I think she bought it! :eek:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Oui! Oui! HIGH. FIVE. I know, it's just... stupid! Heh, sounds like my Grandma. Our family isn't... alarmingly religous, she's the only really religous one, but to a point where it gets a little bit ludicrous (and yet my Nanna, on my dad's side can't stick church!). Whenever I mention a band she's like, "are they satanic?" I do love her, but she's very easy to stir up (I once put a KISS poster in her room fer a laugh), and she's a bit too outspoker fer her own good. :smirk: My older borther's a metalhead, right? So my Grandma's jumping to all these conclusions like, "he must be worshipping the devil!" or "he's depressed!" errr, noooooo. She hates Alice Cooper, because he's "evil". She hasn't heard any of his music, soooo... pretty much she's saying that he's evil because he wears eye-makeup, leather and likes tongue-in-cheek horror. So do I! But yeah, our school is so serious about everything, including the people, it's just so easy to stir them up, and sometimes they just need it. I mean, I have a friend and she's like, "how did you get so talented?" (I'm not talented, really, but anyway..) and I convinced her I sold my soul to the devil, lol! I was clearly joking, but I think she bought it! :eek:
Lol Alice Cooper. I am so using the devil soul thing though.