1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

How are you a Henson-Muppet fan?

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by frogboy4, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Yeah I think so, the one with the glasses. He just starts fires, all the time. O_O
    Yeah, there was a remake- well, the current one is. I remember the oldie, it was like the original Postman Pat.

Cool! Wombats! *Imagines wombats singing* Nah, just kidding, I know who they are... XD
  2. Pork

Pork Active Member

Yep...his name was norman...and he scared me!

And haha...the Wombats...my brother loathes them. I can't say I've heard enough to have a well founded opinion of them yet.
  3. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Loathes? I Love them! :sing:
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I never knew The Secret Life of Toys was a muppets series since I still haven't seen The Christmas Toy. I always thought it was by someone else when I was little, and was some sort of sequel to The Velveteen Rabbit :3
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's a good point, there are similarities! Certainly about the complex bond of a kid and her/his toy. And I'd definitely recommend seeing The Christmas Toy. :)
  6. Gemini Draco

Gemini Draco New Member

I am a Henson fan through:

-Muppet Babies: I remember watching it when I was younger.
    -The Muppet Show
    -Labyrinth: JERITH!
    -And other things

Not quite sure what else makes me a fan besides the spirit of the whole thing. I just love the characters.
  7. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I am a HUGE Muppet fan! Here are my favorite Muppet shows and movies:
    1. The Muppet Show
    2. Sesame Street
    3. Fraggle Rock
    4. All Muppet movies: The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, Follow That Bird, Muppets From Space
    5. Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas
    6. A Muppet Family Christmas
    7. The Tale Of The Bunny Picnic
    8. The Muppets At Walt Disney World
    9. The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson
    10. A Muppet Christmas Carol
    11. A Muppets' Christmas: Letters To Santa
    12. The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years
  8. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

My earliest Muppet memories are seeing Rock Music with The Muppets, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan a few other old Muppet videos I used to get from a video store when I was 4 years old. My folks didn't object to me watching that stuff so I became a big fan of The Muppets and all of Henson's work gradually from there.
  9. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Oh yeah, 'Rock Music with the Muppets', I have that video! :)
  10. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Yeah I have it too. I loved that video as a kid. May have been the first key in turning me into the big time Electric Mayhem fan I am today. I loved Dr. Teeth's outfit from that time.
  11. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I think for me it was Sesame Street first, than Muppet Show, than Fraggle Rock. Than somewhere along the way, Muppet Babies, but I don't give it a lot of credit for why I'm a Muppet/Henson fan.

Than my mom, I guess out of the blue, thought since I enjoyed thoes Muppet stuff, that I would like the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, which she was totally right.
  12. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Same. :) Those Muppet Moments videos from the 80s were really great... I miss 'um. I also have 'The Kermit & Miss Piggy Story', which is from the same series.
  13. heralde

Oh definitely, I found a couple of those in my video rental store awhile back. True treasures! I love how Dr. Teeth keeps thinking Beaker is always talking about himself in the Rock Music one, lol.

I also bought Muppet Weird Stuff (hosted by Gonzo) and Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets, hosted by Scooter, from Amazon. I provided a brief analysis of the latter in my Blog, hehe. ;)

And not to go off topic, I'll provide my early Henson stuff shortly!
  14. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Yeah, those were some great series. I actually got mine from a video shop a few years back. They were rental buuuuuuut meh, he let me keep 'um. ;) I haven't seen any since, though. And I'll ceck out ya blog, too while I'm at it.
  15. heralde

Thanks, hope you like it! :)
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My folks were always cool about the Muppets. They were glad the appeal of the Muppet Babies was short-lived for my taste, but I had little trouble with that either. However, my older sister always thought I was "too old" for Muppet stuff and would hide all my Kermit and Fozzie toys from me and I would always find them. My revenge was giving her kids the Muppet action figures I actually worked on many years later. Wooahahah. :o
  17. heralde

Oh that's mean, lol.
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ooops. This was meant for the other thread about parents not liking the Muppets. :o

Eeek. My posting at work. :D
  19. heralde

Ah, I was thinking that those two threads were starting to seem similar, lol.