1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

How are you a Henson-Muppet fan?

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by frogboy4, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Yeah I think so, the one with the glasses. He just starts fires, all the time. O_O
    Yeah, there was a remake- well, the current one is. I remember the oldie, it was like the original Postman Pat.

Cool! Wombats! *Imagines wombats singing* Nah, just kidding, I know who they are... XD
  2. Pork

Pork Active Member

Yep...his name was norman...and he scared me!

And haha...the Wombats...my brother loathes them. I can't say I've heard enough to have a well founded opinion of them yet.
  3. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Loathes? I Love them! :sing:
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I never knew The Secret Life of Toys was a muppets series since I still haven't seen The Christmas Toy. I always thought it was by someone else when I was little, and was some sort of sequel to The Velveteen Rabbit :3
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's a good point, there are similarities! Certainly about the complex bond of a kid and her/his toy. And I'd definitely recommend seeing The Christmas Toy. :)
  6. Gemini Draco

Gemini Draco New Member

I am a Henson fan through:

-Muppet Babies: I remember watching it when I was younger.
    -The Muppet Show
    -Labyrinth: JERITH!
    -And other things

Not quite sure what else makes me a fan besides the spirit of the whole thing. I just love the characters.
  7. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

I am a HUGE Muppet fan! Here are my favorite Muppet shows and movies:
    1. The Muppet Show
    2. Sesame Street
    3. Fraggle Rock
    4. All Muppet movies: The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, Follow That Bird, Muppets From Space
    5. Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas
    6. A Muppet Family Christmas
    7. The Tale Of The Bunny Picnic
    8. The Muppets At Walt Disney World
    9. The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson
    10. A Muppet Christmas Carol
    11. A Muppets' Christmas: Letters To Santa
    12. The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years
  8. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

My earliest Muppet memories are seeing Rock Music with The Muppets, The Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan a few other old Muppet videos I used to get from a video store when I was 4 years old. My folks didn't object to me watching that stuff so I became a big fan of The Muppets and all of Henson's work gradually from there.
  9. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Oh yeah, 'Rock Music with the Muppets', I have that video! :)
  10. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Yeah I have it too. I loved that video as a kid. May have been the first key in turning me into the big time Electric Mayhem fan I am today. I loved Dr. Teeth's outfit from that time.
  11. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I think for me it was Sesame Street first, than Muppet Show, than Fraggle Rock. Than somewhere along the way, Muppet Babies, but I don't give it a lot of credit for why I'm a Muppet/Henson fan.

Than my mom, I guess out of the blue, thought since I enjoyed thoes Muppet stuff, that I would like the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, which she was totally right.
  12. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Same. :) Those Muppet Moments videos from the 80s were really great... I miss 'um. I also have 'The Kermit & Miss Piggy Story', which is from the same series.
  13. heralde

Oh definitely, I found a couple of those in my video rental store awhile back. True treasures! I love how Dr. Teeth keeps thinking Beaker is always talking about himself in the Rock Music one, lol.

I also bought Muppet Weird Stuff (hosted by Gonzo) and Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets, hosted by Scooter, from Amazon. I provided a brief analysis of the latter in my Blog, hehe. ;)

And not to go off topic, I'll provide my early Henson stuff shortly!
  14. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Yeah, those were some great series. I actually got mine from a video shop a few years back. They were rental buuuuuuut meh, he let me keep 'um. ;) I haven't seen any since, though. And I'll ceck out ya blog, too while I'm at it.
  15. heralde

Thanks, hope you like it! :)
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My folks were always cool about the Muppets. They were glad the appeal of the Muppet Babies was short-lived for my taste, but I had little trouble with that either. However, my older sister always thought I was "too old" for Muppet stuff and would hide all my Kermit and Fozzie toys from me and I would always find them. My revenge was giving her kids the Muppet action figures I actually worked on many years later. Wooahahah. :o
  17. heralde

Oh that's mean, lol.
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ooops. This was meant for the other thread about parents not liking the Muppets. :o

Eeek. My posting at work. :D
  19. heralde

Ah, I was thinking that those two threads were starting to seem similar, lol.