"The Doozers" preschool series under development

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That doesn't sound manipulative or heavy-handed to me. Criticizing the Doozer program for offering environmental solutions is like criticizing Sesame Street for educating children. I guess some people here the word "environment" and automatically think evil. I have never quite understood that. :stick_out_tongue:
Well I think in the past, enviornmental messages on TV were very universal. They were written in a way where no one could really argue with them. Nowadays a lot of messages, on either side, are created in a very...em...partisan way? They can't help but stick in some jibe at the other side. Or their own side's agenda on other issues leaves a bad taste. We're not seeing human beings delivering a message, we're seeing political parties. :wink:

Not saying this Doozer show is like that, just pondering one reason why the issue has become so confusing. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now regardless of your feelings on global warming, carbon footprints, holes in the ozone, air pollution, endangered species, depleting natural resources, or any of these other "liberal" issues; I think we should be able to agree that it is important to teach about stewardship of the earth and our resources. Environmentalism is still important, even if you feel that we aren’t causing the "end of the world" with any of our behavior.
I say, when you make something important like this a partisan/contradictarian issue, the only people who win are paid loud mouths like Rush Limburger and all of them. You basically wind up paying for books, listening to radio that's been sponsored (in this case, by people who want to sweep environmental issues under the rug, say oil companies), and feeding a beast that tells you what to think instead of coming up with your own opinion.

Also remember that a lot can (and probably will) change before the actual release. Anyone remember the early designs of Sid from "Sid the Science Kid" (who was also originally named Josh)? Thinks will likely change over the next year and a half as they develop the show.
And honestly, that version of Sid looks uGlY... almost lifeless. I still don't think this Doozer is that bad looking, and it just looks like a conceptual design. But sometimes things need to be skewed to look like they're animated. A Doozer CGI that's slavishly designed to look like the same puppets might come off a bit more rigid and lifeless than they should be. Same problem when Doozers were animated in the Fraggle cartoon series.

Of course, knowing Henson the difference between the Fraggle Cartoon and this project is, while FRA (Fraggle Rock Animated) was totally hand dranw and animated, they may just make use of the WALDO, similar to what's going on with Sid... so basically, we still get puppetry... just with a CGI wire frame instead of foam and felt.

Elmo The Second

Reaction score
The New Doozers Show

I wanted to start this, I haven''t heard anyones ideas on the new doozers show. You know the doozers :busy:from Fraggle Rock:smirk::coy:. Please post some reviews

Davina

Reaction score
too soon to know really.. they havne't even decided on a final look for the characters.. it has potential, and we all certainly hope for the best..

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I say, when you make something important like this a partisan/contradictarian issue, the only people who win are paid loud mouths like Rush Limburger and all of them. You basically wind up paying for books, listening to radio that's been sponsored (in this case, by people who want to sweep environmental issues under the rug, say oil companies), and feeding a beast that tells you what to think instead of coming up with your own opinion.
I agree with that. In the end - environmental causes = human survival. The planet will get along without us or any organic life, but why should it when we can ingrain new simple behaviors in or daily lives that can massively help? I always find those folk that make the environment a partisan issue are the same sort of folk that grossly oversimplify every issue until it sounds absurd. Helpful information doesn't have to be preachy and this Doozer program appears to be the right way to go. :busy:

musicgazer

Reaction score
i wish they would use the actual puppets instead of doing everything cgi. so much easier on the eyes...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Show sounds great. Concept sounds great. The target age group things bothers me a little. Hope they don't overly stress that.