What would you like to see in the movie?

SwordKing

Reaction score
Since the movie, if I understood the premise correctly, takes place in "Outer Space", I'd like to see the Fraggle Five attempt to drive a car. I picture Wembley and Boober working the pedals, Gobo and Red fighting over the steering wheel, and Mokey trying to navigate from the passenger seat.

Any other ideas?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Here's what I'd like to see in the Fraggle Rock movie:
Maybe musical cameos by James Taylor, Paul Williams, Carrie Underwood, Stevie Wonder and the show's songwriters, Phil Balsam and Dennis Lee.
Also guest star cameos by Robin Williams, Bobby McFerrin, Charles Grodin and maybe cameos of people who works with the Muppets like the Henson children and the five main performers.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Since cameos by all Docs isn't possible (what with some being dead and all), at least having some Easter eggs would be nice (pictures of lighthouses, etc).

Foodie

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like the writers to respect the original series and not do something outside of the continuity... I've read though that that ain't happening.

I used to really want there to be more Fraggle Rock stuff but after recently watching the series in order all the way through ( which I think may be the first time I've done so ), I've come to realize that there's really not much one could add to the series. It's perfect and ended on a high note ( almost the highest note possible is you're really paying attention ). True, it left me wanting more but honestly, there's not much to add to what's already been said throughout the series. ( The only loose end I feel needed tying up would be one more young Traveling Matt adventure where Uncle Gobo admitted to being a little proud of his nephew ).

The characters and themes progressed nicely through all 4 seasons and in that fourth season, everything is in it's prime and perfectly in it's element. Everything is shining and magical.... even the lighting is better and colors are everywhere. So much was accomplished in those 96 episodes without smearing it in the viewers face like many TV shows tend to do these days. The show treated the viewer with respect by not dumbing anything down.

So, I'm not so sure a movie written today could do any justice. Anything is possible though but creating a story outside of the continuity while it may make sense as far as making a movie is concerned, it just leaves me... not all that excited.

People need to create something new. Well, they don't *need* to do anything actually... but it'd be nice to just see something new come to the big screen... or the small screen.

I guess though, having the fraggles go into Outer Space is the best way to go as far as movie topics is concerned. My thoughts always lead to them rescuing Traveling Matt from being captured by scientists... but would the scientist type even be able to see a fraggle? It's a bit of a pickle.

They could jump to the future and do a story about the offspring of the Fraggle 5ive I guess... OR do a movie about doozers with GIANT HEADS whose parents did away to the traditional doozer names and have them learn about CARBON FOOTPRINTS and other nonsense that some goofball made up to make kids feel that its wrong to even be alive. But nobody would ever think to bring that into fruition. :wink:

So anyway, it is incredible that a Fraggle Rock movie is even being considered and the the idea of it has even made the news in some places. All of that says a lot about the power of the the show but... well... is it necessary? What else can be said?It would be fun though and I suppose there's no reason at all to believe it would be bad. I guess if one believes a Fraggle Rock movie would be good, there's no reason why it can't.

Maybe they could have Wander McMooch try to take over New York or something....:smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Honestly, even if it turns out well, which it very well may, I don't believe right now that a movie can do full justice to the series. As Foodie said, it ended well and nothing needs to be added. :wink:

Foodie

Reaction score
Honestly, even if it turns out well, which it very well may, I don't believe right now that a movie can do full justice to the series. As Foodie said, it ended well and nothing needs to be added. :wink:
Heh heh. :smirk:

I would however, like to try my... hand at writing my own follow-up fraggle tale some centrury. :smirk:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
For me, Fraggle Rock didn't end. It tied up some loose ends, but it is also a beginning. "End, begin ..."

Junior threw away his destiny. Great. Now what? He tends to gardening all day? He did that already!

Doc learned about Fraggles. Great. Now what? How does he integrate that knowledge into his life? Does he stay friends? Does he say, "Well, gee ... that was something. *pause* I think I'll go grab a burger."?

Did the Rock and Cave Fraggles ever unite or do they still prefer avoiding each other?

How does Large Marvin live off what looks like rice cake diets and still look that big? :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Junior threw away his destiny. Great. Now what? He tends to gardening all day? He did that already!
Honestly I liked his ending, though I know not everyone did. To each their own. :smile:

Doc learned about Fraggles. Great. Now what? How does he integrate that knowledge into his life? Does he stay friends? Does he say, "Well, gee ... that was something. *pause* I think I'll go grab a burger."?
Totally, I mean it would be nice to learn more without being anticlimatic. I would have preferred that direction for a movie.

But again, that doesn't mean I think the one being made won't work at all. :smile:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I guess though, having the fraggles go into Outer Space is the best way to go as far as movie topics is concerned. My thoughts always lead to them rescuing Traveling Matt from being captured by scientists... but would the scientist type even be able to see a fraggle? It's a bit of a pickle.
Having recently finally watched the fourth season and rewatching the whole series, I have to agree that there's not much left to do.

And Doc finally being able to see Gobo confused me. Uncle Matt talked to and interacted with "silly creatures" all the time out there. None of them seemed like they needed to be "touched" by him just to see or hear him. So why did Doc need to? Did he think more scientifically than the average person, and so needed that push?

Foodie

Reaction score
Having recently finally watched the fourth season and rewatching the whole series, I have to agree that there's not much left to do.

And Doc finally being able to see Gobo confused me. Uncle Matt talked to and interacted with "silly creatures" all the time out there. None of them seemed like they needed to be "touched" by him just to see or hear him. So why did Doc need to? Did he think more scientifically than the average person, and so needed that push?
Gobo & Doc both " touched " each other. It was kinda special. In one episode, the one where Matt comes home the first time I think, Matt says you can't make friends with silly creatures. Matt's interactions with silly creatures weren't the same as the one between Gobo & Doc. :smirk: