Muppet Peter Pan

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Tough Pigs' Twitter feed announced that Muppet Peter Pan #2 will be out next Wednesday, October 28th. :big_grin:

Amy

Reaction score
Comic Book Resources posted a preview for issue #2.

Is that Bill the Bubble Guy sleeping on the ship on the first page to show the ship? Looks like him, but I can't tell for sure.
No. That's not an established Muppet character.
But Grace might find him familiar...

By the way, don't put too much stock in the plot blurbs you might read on sites like this. The plot has changed a LOT from when these were first written(by Boom! staff, not Grace nor myself) and sent out with solicitations.
Just wait for each issue and go with the flow :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
He kind of looked like Bill to me (blue skin, pink nose & glasses), but Bill really is a glorified Anything Muppet so it makes sense that Amy's drawing only resembles Bill.

Amy has such a tight grasp on the geometry of Gonzo like no artist has before. This novel has inherent cartoon elements by nature and they are beautiful, but it's really the knowledge of Muppet biology that sells Amy's work. This is impressive art work. I just wish there were even more Muppets. I'm a greedy fan. :insatiable: We got the birds!

Beautiful work. :super:

GRandolph

Reaction score
I'm so glad you all like the Whadayasay Birds!

And Amy, you ROCK for that awesome cameo for "Josh", my Muppet Whatnot! I guess maybe he and Bill are long lost brothers? :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha? You mean Forcryingoutloud, Ohboy, Ohreally, Righton, Whaddyasay, and Youknow all made it into Neverswamp? *Wonders how they'll do the scene/panel with the mermaids. *Insert Mokey "Dreamy" smilie. *Goes to get Byron spearheading the Mokey "Dreamy" smilie campaign... :shifty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I bought it and read it, and all I can say is...

Obscure characters from the second pilot episode? And not just awkwardly tossed in for fanservice... perfectly interwoven into a wonderful working gag? And drawn painstakingly beautiful too...Then you know the rest of the issue is going to brilliant.

I really love the story so far. There is no doubt in my mind that's Gonzo, Piggy, Rizzo, Bunsen and Beaker as Cap'n Hook, Tinkerbelle, Mr. Smee, and a pirate crew... not them playing those roles (like Robin Hood did- my only real beef with the writing)... they WERE them. Gonzo shooting himself out of a cannon, Rizzo annoyed with his antics, and there's just nothing short of greatness when Piggy comes on the scene... you guys REALLY must be fans of hers, giving her most of the best lines. She is a tricky character to get down without turning her into a flat diva-ish figure, and you guys really get her complexity, making her the deep character she is, but still keeping her attitude. Another great issue.

Can't wait to see them Lost Boys!

GRandolph

Reaction score
DrTooth, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the issue! And I appreciate your kind words about my writing. :smile:

I'm looking forward to introducing The Lost Boys myself! Hope you like 'em!