eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Jacquelyn

Reaction score
As much as I love reporter Kermit, I would not buy it since I have Kermit. I can only get animal b/c his price when down so much and my birthday is coming. And I bough Gonzo for myself b/c his price dropped. I would LOVE to have Piggy, but doubt I will be able to afford her. Passing on Rizzo and Pepe likely. I really think Fozzie and Piggy should come before them and before another Kermit. I really really hope they do Piggy justice and she is a classy classic version and doesn't look tacky.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A few thoughts & opinions...

Would Miss Piggy be a big selling Photo Puppet?
-You betcha! It all depends on how well she is made to reflect the genuine article. Something like this has never been attempted and the type of collector who would buy a poser would definitely buy a Piggy poser. Sure the action figures and other Piggy related items don't do as well when pegged next to other Muppet characters, but this is different. It's not a doll, figure or Pez dispenser. This is owning a real life Miss Piggy! The pig does best when she can really shine. That's what this is...if done right. Also, let's not forget of the success of the classic Piggy puppet from the 80s. It was a great likeness and a good seller when pegged next to Kermit, Rowlf and Fozzie.

Will EFX inherit the same challenges as MR?
-Yes and no. MR bravely explored new ground and of course made some mistakes along the way. EFX can learn from these missteps - from material and likeness issues to marketing. Disney is now pushing the Muppets more than Henson did in Palisades' prime or Disney did while MR held their license. That alone tells stores that the Muppets are rising in public consciousness and backed by heavy-hitter Disney. Retailers will take a second look at this. I think MR suffered from lack of firm support from both Disney and their parent company. It seems to me like timing played a great part in things. The wild success and exposure of the Whatnot Workshop provides proof of a working high-end Muppet merchandise model.

What's with another Kermit, Rizzo and Pepe?
-A respectful reboot! EFX never had the chance to handle the frog and it's important that they release one. Muppet merchandise is hard to sell unless a Kermit is present. It's a fact of life (not just opinion). The promise of a Kermit coming will only increase future sales to new collectors. They need new customers. That means hold off on Fozzie Bear and more difficult to manage character items in favor of sure-fire favorites. Rizzo and Pepe are crowd pleasers that are light, take up a small fraction of warehouse space and they are easy to ship. Once EFX hits a healthy stride they can take more chances. i just hope that Kermit would be the GMC version and not a rehash. People really do respond to Reporter Kermit.

Should we start a Scooter Fan Club?
-Frog yeah! These are collectors items and honestly, at this high end - success can sometimes have more to do with quality than character. As long as it's classic shiny jacket Muppet Show Scooter he could fare very well. He's also small enough to ship without incident like a Rowlf or Fozzie Bear (or Sweetums :wink:). Heck, I think we should include the Mayhem in the fan club too. I don't know how two-packs like Statler & Waldorf or Bunsen & Beaker would fare because it doubles the already expensive price point. However, there is potential in all of this if sales of initial offerings (Piggy, Rizzo, Reporter Kermit & Pepe) are strong enough. How cool would a Janice, Sam Eagle or Dr. Teeth be? I think they are possible!

So that's my two cents from the tiny bit that I have experienced. The usual Muppet product equation shouldn't be ignored, but it doesn't easily fit here. This is new territory. It's success factor is anybody's guess. I just hope that EFX will also branch out into other sections of Muppet collectibles. Their Star Wars items look amazing.

James Denny

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm not too sure why there has to be instant negativity from some forum members. I, for one, am excited that the replica range will be started up again and look forward to seeing what eFX has to offer. The news has seriously made my year!
I haven't yet bought any of the replicas but am very excited about the prospect of Miss Piggy, in fact i promised myself if she got made i'd get one.

IMHO the reason the Palisades Piggy didn't sell well as beacuse of the way her hair was, she looked good in the exclusive variant.

So yaay for eFX and lets be happy that we're getting all this cool new stuff :mad:

James

Luke

Reaction score
So that's my two cents from the tiny bit that I have experienced. The usual Muppet product equation shouldn't be ignored, but it doesn't easily fit here. This is new territory. It's success factor is anybody's guess. I just hope that EFX will also branch out into other sections of Muppet collectibles. Their Star Wars items look amazing.
I think honestly you are right in a way, there is no knowing how well they will do, but i don't see that a lot has changed since Master Replicas. Still a small company, with the same distribution channels. I think as you say, the Muppets being higher profile now will help, and doing smaller posers at first which retailers may be more likely to stock will help. Other than that i think it is really upto this new company to take the ball and run with it in terms of getting the look and price of the product right, and really hammering on the retailers doors to stock the things. It is all down to them, i'm sure if the work is put in they should succeed!

I'd love to see Scooter and some of the more background characters. It's not just hardcore fanboyish or the few people here who would want them. Characters like Scooter, Sam, Chef and the Mayhem ARE well known by most people and considered very cool - even Sam was shown on the WWE wrestling a few weeks ago. I actually think they are better known than Pepe amongst the casual fans in their 20-30's.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
For thos of you who have not dealt with eFX. They are a whole lot better than MR has ever been. Byran Ono listens to the people. Most of you don't realize that he checks up on these boards to see what the fans want. Also what is even better and might happen here to is they have payment plans for large priced items like they did when I got the Star Wars X-wing. I paid it in full but they had I think like four or five installments before shipping it out to you. eFX is paying more attention to every detail to there new products. Disney is help making these replicas instead of Terry this time around. I doubt for little mess up on these like MR did. And let your voice be heard on the Muppet poser stuff cause you may never know when Bryan will pop in here. eFX is a really good company that I have gotten two replicas from them and love them totally.

Kim4muppets

Reaction score
I am so excited. I have my heart set on getting Fozzie and now I want Miss Piggy too. Not really keen on Pepe though. I would love it if they made Statler & Waldorf, Bunsen & Beaker and the Swedish Chef. I just want all of them, hehe. I need to start saving.

drudo

Reaction score
This is WONDERFUL news! It was a great way to start the day this morning.

I just wanted to add my voice to the support for a Miss Piggy! I am disappointed that Fozzie has apparently been put on hold, but I wanted a Piggy equally bad, so I'm okay with it. Just imagine how cool it will be to have her posed with Kermit!

Also, count me in the Scooter Fan Club. I'd love to have a Scooter.

Luke

Reaction score
I just don't understand why on earth they would bump Fozzie back so far .. madness. The number one choice in a poll of hardcore fans and they will have to wait for at least 3, maybe 4 posers to come out before him. Thats probably two years away. Crazy ... i hope they address that or change it when they see fan reaction. I'm liking the choices overall, and i like the other eFX product but two years is way too long for the one everyone has been building up for. Bring on da Bear!