1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by FennShysa, Jun 9, 2009.

?

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

1. Rizzo the Rat

42 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Miss Piggy

77 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Pepe the King Prawn

41 vote(s)
    13.4%
  4. Fozzie Bear

146 vote(s)
    47.7%

1. fizzywig

fizzywig New Member

hi there where can i get to see the newsletter with examples of the replicas?
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm hearing that EFX is mostly MR, but with a new name. Is this true? MR still exists in name and some staff members, but it seems that it's all the same game, most of the same players but in a different location. How long has EFX been around?
  3. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

I can't describe how excited I am about this! Judging from that newsletter (which is a better promo piece than MR ever put out), it looks like the posers are in very capable hands. Even though they're just stock photos, if Piggy and Rizzo look anything like the pics from the newsletter, they'll be must-haves.

I have to say, as long as the quality is there, I'd be in for any of the characters they produce but Fozzie and Piggy would be necessities for me.

I'd also be curious to see if they could improve on MR's Animal who I have a love/hate relationship with. I think I've gotten him to be a very good likeness but he's my favorite so I'd love to have one that's exact. I'd be hard-pressed to buy another Kermit only because the MR version is so good.

Hopefully, someone has shown them Terry's pics of Fozzie from his home. That thing is an amazing piece of work. If they ever make Fozzie, I hope they use that as their barometer. It's heartbreaking to think we could've owned something of that quality. Terry's first Gonzo proto was incredible, too. Hopefully they'll bring Terry on as a consultant if nothing else.

Thanks efx! I can't wait to give you my credit card number!
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

So it's kind of like Muppet Stuidos or Muppet holding company.
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

To my knowledge (and I could be wrong about this) about half of the key MR staff jumped ship to form EFX. It's not that the company has a lot of the same employees, rather - it's basically MR 2.0 , but officially a different company without the name or the hardships MR faced in the last year. Again, that may not be correct but that's what it appears to be after some poking around. That could be a good thing. I just don't know what to think. :confused:
  6. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

I'm just going to treat them as an entirely new compny.

With Puppet Heap and Disney involved, I think there's no need for a middle man or "consultant" as someone mentioned as a place for Terry. As he's realized he's out of this project.

By the way can I just make a request... that ya'll go back and read this thread from the beginning. It has all the answers and info known.

Someone did make a good point, I'd like to see Robin as well. (But I know it won't happen.) I have to remind myself to keep my eye on the prize. Just want to get the proposed 4, to be happy with the info that's given on their timetable. Will not pull any "I want, so and so, him, her, that one, and that totally obscure character that was in those two episodes." OR "Gee I just wish they had made (blank) before they stopped." Cause I know how it absolutely ANNOYS me.
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think you are correct, its like a slimmed down MR without corgi looking over them (and the books). The guy who owns it was in charge of MR Star Wars i think. Obviously the advantage is they would have been well aware of the problems Master Replicas had with these so aren't likely to make the same mistakes. Travis was very dedicated to the line and the Muppets though and the impression i got from him was that it was just extremely tricky to get ANY factory over there to be able to make stuff of the quality needed via mass manufacturing them at their price so i guess they will need to work extremely hard to make these successful. That said, i'd be prepared to pay a bit more if the product was fantastic looking since we are paying a lot anyway.
  8. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I just hope (and I'm sure I'm not the only one =P) that if they make Fozzie they use the best-looking "Great Muppet Caper-era" Fozzie rather than the later ones >_>
  9. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Does Fozzie seem to have an overbite that he never had before or is it just me?
  10. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

I've always noticed the overbite. It's one of those great Muppet subtleties.
  11. dwayne1115

Yes and Eric has been using it to make a real good experssion on Fozzie. I think Frank only started to do it in Muppets take Manhatan.
  12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I need to rewatvh that and see what Fozzie's face looks like in MTM.
  13. Rocketship

Rocketship New Member

Thought you all might be interested what EFX had to say about the Fozzie release date:

When is the Fozzie Bear Replica Scheduled to come out?

"We do not have a schedule for the release of Fozzie yet. There is a lot of work that needs to be done. MR really did not get as far with the development Fozzie as people think!

If you want a ballpark, we would guess sometime late 2010.

Thanks

Bryan"
  14. dwayne1115

Yea look when kermit blows up outside of Pete's. that's the first time i ever see the worried fozzie look.
  15. Fozzie's two main expressions are: top lip out - sad or worried, bottom lip out - angry or assertive :)
  16. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Asked efx about Miss Piggy

Hey everyone. I asked efx about any info on miss piggy and round about date of release, this is what they replied back with:

"we do not have a date for the release of Miss Piggy yet. As you can imagine, she is going to take a lot of work in development and in production.

We would estimate sometime mid-2010

Thanks!

Bryan"

:mad:
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here's something I'm wondering. I keep hearing about how they're considering a Reporter Kermit. Now, will they fall into the same problem Palisades did, and not get to use his reporter hat, as he wore it mainly on Sesame Street- out of the jurisdiction of their license?
  18. dwayne1115

Would it not be almost as easy to just make some accsesorys for the the three MR replicas?
  19. So that means Piggy is only roughly a year away. I assume they intend to release Rizzo and Pepe before then too. Then it would be Fozzie shortly after. That might mean four replica releases by Christmas 2010. Nice thought.
  20. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

I agree with you, Mistersuperstar! That is a wonderful thought and wonderful characters to look forward to. :)