Pre-Order Muppets Letters to Santa DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Hi,

Amazon.com has this listed at just $15.99 at the moment, perhaps now is the time to pre order it?

Chris
This is an absolute must have. While only about 47 minutes total, the special had the cinematography of an actual film with that rich movie look. It felt more like a movie given the cinematography.

One of the best things about a lot of Muppet dvds are the extras. I cant stand Kermit Swamp Years the movie, but the Joe the Armadillo extra on the disc is entirely worth it. Same with most the extras on a lot of Muppet dvd releases.

15 minutes of deleted scenes and a documentary is very well worth it to me, and Im poor! Itd be nice if they included the music video that aired on nbc.com as well as Pepe doing his usual skits but Im definitely going to be buying this.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hi,

Amazon.com has this listed at just $15.99 at the moment, perhaps now is the time to pre order it?

Chris
That is still a bit on the pricey side, but a lot better.

Yesterday, I bought the DVD Kung Fu Panda and it come with a little Beanie Baby toy of Po, that was only 15 bucks, so that was fair in my book.

Like I said for a price like that, I'm just saying that it would be nice if they include some kind of gift like that.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree that it is a must have. Although everyone says that it should be longer, it actually felt (in my mind) quite long as it was, because so much was happening and because the story had so many moments and songs. (Like MFC) When it finished, I thought I'd been watching something much longer. It's quick, funny, cute, furry and well worth the price.

Now I'm just checking to see when it's available in the UuuuKay.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
http://astore.amazon.com/muppetcentral/detail/B002DLB15W

Is this what the cover is going to look like? I really like it! It is a nice pic, but why have Stalar and Waldorf on the cover they where only in the movie for a few shots.

Good gravy this has been a good week for Letters to Santa or for me anyways. First we learn that they are up for an Emmy, and now we have the cover art! To cool.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
http://astore.amazon.com/muppetcentral/detail/B002DLB15W

Is this what the cover is going to look like? I really like it! It is a nice pic, but why have Stalar and Waldorf on the cover they where only in the movie for a few shots.

Good gravy this has been a good week for Letters to Santa or for me anyways. First we learn that they are up for an Emmy, and now we have the cover art! To cool.
It looks fan-made to me. A nicer fan cover than most, but some characters look "softer" than others. I wouldn't mind if this was the cover, but I think they could do better. There was a better-looking Piggy puppet in the film along with the one they used. I much prefer that one. We've seen a couple of covers so far. I wonder which one they'll use?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I feel they could do a better cover as well. Plus dwayne1115, as you asked "why put Statlor and Waldorf on the cover?" It's seems to me that Statlor and Waldorf have been enjoying a newfound popularity as of late. They made appearences on Jimmy live and VH1's show The Great Debate.

And welcome to the fourm Frog Racer, :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
What's wrong with using a simple picture from the movie on the cover! Or taking a picture of Kermit in his adorable Orange coat!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hmm... I... like it okay. It seems odd to use actual shots of Rizzo, Pepe, and Piggy from the movie... but not the others. (And it looks like Fozzie's body from the movie was pasted onto Fozzie's head from a poser picture taken awhile ago.) I like Kermit in the hat as the centerpiece, though. And I do like how many characters were included on the front (has Rizzo been on the cover of anything besides MFS?). I do like it overall though, there are just a few nitpicks I have. Mostly the fact that it looks kind of cheap and hastily put together. (And that red outline with the puke-yellow background? Barf.) Those stamps of the cameo stars on the letter are horrible. They really need to ditch those. Find a new picture of Gonzo, too. Maybe put someone underneath Pepe to balance it out. It looks weird having Sam on the other side but an opening there. Maybe Scooter? Bobo? Dr. Teeth?

But I've rambled on this much longer than I meant to... Overall I like it and I'll still be buying this (duh). Just think it could've looked the slightest bit better.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know I'm tempted to try and contact Muppet Stuidos and see what they say. Anyone dare me?

Status
Not open for further replies.