See?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with talking about religion here if it's respectful (D'Snowth is right, most other forums are quite cruel and intolerant). And I also don't mind talking about homosexuality, again in a respectful manner. Don't think we should have to choose.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just gonna come out and say it. The reason why there are so many "atheists" is because of the hateful, UnChristian (not to mention UnMuslim and UnJewish) like behavior of people who claim to speak for it. All religions, and lacks there of can be respected and can co-exist with one or another. Finding out what's what is part of the human experience. Too much hate and intolerance under the guise of religion has caused intolerance in the guise of not having one. There's nothing wrong with religion or lack thereof (unless it's a cult that preaches pretty scary stuff), it's the crap coming out of both sides that causes all these problems.

You know... like how the Religious Right movement came out of people being annoyed by Hippies. One breeds the other.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like the film I referenced earlier, the way I see extreme religion and extreme atheism is "Intolerance vs. Intolerence." No one group has the monopoly on intolerance. Both are very capable of it. People are people, faults and all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
An honest question

This is an honest question. If Muppet Central can have fan fics where characters can profess their Christian conversion in detail, are we also able to write a fan fic about Scooter or some other character coming out to the Muppet gang? Of course, I mean in such a way that a Kermit and Piggy or Red and Gobo love story can be written without any inappropriate descriptions.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This is an honest question. If Muppet Central can have fan fics where characters can profess their Christian conversion in detail, are we also able to write a fan fic about Scooter or some other character coming out to the Muppet gang? Of course, I mean in such a way that a Kermit and Piggy or Red and Gobo love story can be written without any inappropriate descriptions.
::shrugs:: I have no problem with either one.

As long as the person knows how to write. :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
the only thing I can remember anything the Muppets did that was remotely religious-themed was during the special Elmo's World: Happy Holidays, where Prairie Dawn puts on a Christmas pageant starring Baby Natasha as Baby Jesus, Bert as Joseph, Rosita as Mary and Herry, Grover and Cookie as the Wise Men.
I'm sure Bert made a most outstanding Joseph ... i bet the no room at the Inn thing must have irked him somewhat. I must watch that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They could write one where Beaker gets his revenge and savagely beat up Bunsen for all I care. They're all welcome... just none of the... cough cough... fanfics I see everywhere else with adult situations. Man, I'm gettin' tired of those. Thank Frog we don't have that sorta thing here.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sure Bert made a most outstanding Joseph ... i bet the no room at the Inn thing must have irked him somewhat. I must watch that.
Actually, Bert pretty much had a sneezing fit throughout, as the pageant took place entirely in the manger, and as it turns out, Bert is allergic to hay.

Luke

Reaction score
*THUD* Is that the sound of moderators fainting? :insatiable:

LOL!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
*THUD* Is that the sound of moderators fainting? :insatiable:

LOL!
That's the true litmus test of balance at Muppet Central and if someone wanted to write such a story I'd support them. In fact, part of me would write one if I had the time and love of writing that others do.

I'm sure some members would make a case that sort of inclusion would be proselytizing, but to me it's a personal admission rather than an advertisement. It doesn't have the evangelistic element that religious fan fics have. It’s not, “I’m gay, it’s great and you should be too” as it is with a religious belief. It’s about honesty and inclusion. That’s an often made mistake.