Sesame Street 40th Anniversary Website

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not only that, but the backstory to "Things That I Remember" was poignant as well, as that's when Norman Stiles was leaving the show after all those years.

Man, I feel like crying now... memory lane is so... *Gets misty eyed* nostalgic...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Not only that, but the backstory to "Things That I Remember" was poignant as well, as that's when Norman Stiles was leaving the show after all those years.

Man, I feel like crying now... memory lane is so... *Gets misty eyed* nostalgic...
I know! ! I was feeling SO teary-eyed while watching "Things That I Remember." But... ultimately I voted for "Monster in the Mirror." Ernie and Bert deserve the spot just as much, but "Monster in the Mirror" is too classic not to pick.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Thanks, I found Monster in the Mirror on there! :super: I know its going to be so hard to choose from all these!

I have the same Big Bird's Birthday Video, that my Parents taped off the TV when it aired there, it also included "New Way to Walk" :smile:

I also have a SST Special from the 1990s Staying Up Late, celebrate New Years Eve! :wisdom:

I am just so happy that SST is bringing out all these and some hidden Clips for this 40th, Brings back some great memories!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To this day, I'm glad Sesame Workshop let me keep Big Bird's birthday posted on YouTube, when they could've very well demanded it be removed for copyright issues, like a lot of companies.

I guess SW's just cool like that.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Yeah I am glad they let you keep it up also, I will now have to take a look at it when I have the time! :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Man, there were so many great choices! Ultimately, I settled on "Things That I Remember".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I kind of wish they put "Things That I Remember" on the "Songs from the Street" set... but maybe if there's a 40th anniversary CD set, they might put it on that one, I dunno.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm having trouble deciding between three... "Things That I Remember," "Monster in the Mirror" and "The King and I." Ugh. This is SO hard! These are ALL such AWESOME sketches and songs and everything, it's so difficult to just pick one. I guess in the end it's all about the one that I could picture as the greatest Sesame Street clip of all time... and I think "Things That I Remember" covers that, since it features SO many GREAT Bert and Ernie clips. But... at the same time, "Monster in the Mirror" is one of my first memories of music--ANY music. ...Ugh! :stick_out_tongue: :super: :insatiable:
It is possible to vote for multiple clips. I'm trying my best to be honest and vote once. But there is a "vote again" button.

For these decade votes, I wonder what decade Sesame Workshop considers skits from the 1969/1970, 1979/1980, 1989/1990, and 1999/2000 seasons to be from. I wodner if season 1 clips will be included within the 1970s votes (otherwise I guess I'll have to settle for "greatest clip of all-time" to vote for a seaosn 1 clip... Assuming those votes aren't just for what gets the highest votes from each decade).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It is possible to vote for multiple clips. I'm trying my best to be honest and vote once. But there is a "vote again" button.
Yeah, same here, lol.

Nice to see though that "Monster in the Mirror" is coming in strong this week... Wayne Brady's "Between" song wasn't so much last week, but it was still my choice anyway, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I kind of wish they put "Things That I Remember" on the "Songs from the Street" set... but maybe if there's a 40th anniversary CD set, they might put it on that one, I dunno.
Me, too. When I recently wrote my "top ten unreleased Sesame Street songs" article for The Muppet Mindset I had considered putting that song on the list. But since that song's from around 1997 and there haven't been many new Sesame Street audio releases (and I don't mean reissues) since around then I left it out of the list. But I hope it appears on the upcoming two-disc 40th anniversary set. In my opinion the only thing lacking is clips from the first season (though the people at Sesame Workshop seem to think that the version of Rubber Duckie shown is from the first season).