Making Full-Bodied Puppet Costumes

dmoss

Reaction score
Charlie Bird: Just a post to cheer you on! It's fun hearing the progress of everything, and knowing what you plan on doing! Good luck with everything, and keep us posted on how it goes! :smile:

charlie bird

Reaction score
Thank you! I'll find a way to post the pictures of my progress,I might even have to make a myspace ,or something to show the puppet pictures on. I'm so exited about it ,Ill have to wait untill my birthday to afford to start the prodject,but it isn't long away.I'll do the prodject step by step,and try to find the mony for the next step as soon as possible.

charlie bird

Reaction score
Here is a picture of how big bird is operated.

Here is a picture of a seasame street charecter that has the fur that I think mine will look like,maybe.

His fur also looks like it has some ostridge feather mixed in it too

charlie bird

Reaction score
Hallow every one I have saved up enough mony to start ordering the mateirials ,and I'm so exited! I want to post some pictures of the process. I will have to draw out the patterns again, because I barely ever keep up with them.I hope I can use him for vacation bible schools .My church does a few of them for other churches and I do a few my self for freinds and familly whose church doesnt have a puppet ministry.

Thank you

charlie bird

Reaction score
I orderd samples of fabric online because all of the fur fabric where I live is terible.It will help me make the choice of wheather or not to buy my fur fabric or make it.I got the free fur samples from http://distinctivefabric.com/.There fur looks awsome, but I wanted to make sure it was the color I wanted , and if it sheds easilly.They also have 4 inch long sparkle fur wich is the longest fur I have ever seen, but I'm not using that for this prodject.I'm thinking of using there frosted shagy grey brown fur.

dmoss

Reaction score
Good luck! Here's hoping the fabric is just what you're looking for! :smile:

charlie bird

Reaction score
Thank you I'm still waiting on it.I just got the foam for it.Yay!

unheard

Reaction score
i wish there was some Bear in the big blue house puppet info.

charlie bird

Reaction score
I made the head yesterday with wedjes of foam and added a short snout.I also carved cheeks and eye brows.The nose is plastic canvas paternd into a sort of cube for a cartoonish look. The mouth is made of plastic canvas and lined with vinal.The face was drawn on the foam and it looked awsome.I was sad to find out the head wasn't big enough ,I plan to make a diferent character like that hopefully by the end of the summer I can have enugh to start another for now I will finnish this one as a puppet and take pictures of how it works out. Thank you