Making Full-Bodied Puppet Costumes

unheard

Reaction score
i cant wait to see the photo's

I made the head yesterday with wedjes of foam and added a short snout.I also carved cheeks and eye brows.The nose is plastic canvas paternd into a sort of cube for a cartoonish look. The mouth is made of plastic canvas and lined with vinal.The face was drawn on the foam and it looked awsome.I was sad to find out the head wasn't big enough ,I plan to make a diferent character like that hopefully by the end of the summer I can have enugh to start another for now I will finnish this one as a puppet and take pictures of how it works out. Thank you

charlie bird

Reaction score
I made the nose with a mechanism that makes him sniff.I made the fur pattern using masking tape over the head and cut out the pattern making it flat. It helps with making paterns for carved foam, and even thow only the cheeks and eye brows were carved I taped over the whole front side of the head, just to make sure.
Thank you

charlie bird

Reaction score
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KW3S0od5s.../avuMVW02HDo/s1600/Me+and+a+BIGGER+Friend.jpg

so your making Mr snuffleupagus ?
if's is he a two person puppet ?

his fur reminds me of chewbacca,
maybe he was made the same way,
a net suit with real hair added by latch hock.
the head was made with a foam head by hair punching the same hair used on the body.
No, I'm not making him. I'm making a ground hog puppet. At the time I was wondering If I could make fur that way,but for this puppet I buoghte fur,and this puppet, due to the amount of money It takes it will now be a regular puppet,and I'm hoping to make the next one ''life size''.
Thank you

charlie bird

Reaction score
Hallow,
I got my fabric samples in the mail today.The fur there is amazing and does not shead at all. The fur is so soft, but I got my fabric at Joans Fabric because of my budget changing.On the next puppet I make I hope to use there fur.
Thank you

Reaction score
Just a tip. Whenever I wear my friend's full bodied puppets, he always gives my an ice pack to put on my chest. The built in fans don't cool you off as much, but the ice keeps you cool the entire time.