New Awesome Muppet T-Shirts!

Drtooth

Reaction score
II try hard not to dry shirts when I first get them... especially if it's VERY thin fabric. If it's because of the Washing Machine, I don't know what to tell you, but air drying T-shirts at the beginning gives them a longer life. I have a Speed Racer shirt I wear quite frequently, but I didn't dry it in a machine for the longest time, and I've had it in good shape for 5+ years.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
II try hard not to dry shirts when I first get them... especially if it's VERY thin fabric. If it's because of the Washing Machine, I don't know what to tell you, but air drying T-shirts at the beginning gives them a longer life. I have a Speed Racer shirt I wear quite frequently, but I didn't dry it in a machine for the longest time, and I've had it in good shape for 5+ years.
I'll have to remember that for my replacement shirt and all my future shirts. :smile:

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
I agree with the air drying of t-shirts, I also reccomend washing them turned inside out and in cold water. I do that with all my t-shirts and have always been able to keep them nice!

beaker

Reaction score
What upsets me is this stupid fad Hot Topic, Target, Walmart, and every "geek/pop culture" shirt retailers do where they sell shirts that look intentionally faded/cracked/well worn. I refuse to buy any of those shirts.

Also I found that if you buy a blank shirt(black, blue, yellow, etc) you can just print out your own Muppet shirts if you have a certain kind of printer material. Fabric glue rocks!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What upsets me is this stupid fad Hot Topic, Target, Walmart, and every "geek/pop culture" shirt retailers do where they sell shirts that look intentionally faded/cracked/well worn. I refuse to buy any of those shirts.

Also I found that if you buy a blank shirt(black, blue, yellow, etc) you can just print out your own Muppet shirts if you have a certain kind of printer material. Fabric glue rocks!
I like some of the commercially available stuff, but I like getting my own single-shot stuff printed through Cafe Press or another online vendor. Those with art skills should check that out. Want the Muppet Movie poster on a quality Hanes shirt of a specific color and size...if you have a medium to hi resolution image or can scan one into your computer that can easily be done. You can also add your own touches. As long as you keep these one-shots for yourself it's cool. Not to mention all the good free promotion you're swinging at the Muppets! :smile:

Just imagine printing the Italian or German language version of a Muppet poster on a shirt. Now that's much cooler than any of the faux vintage stuff. :cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, and let's not forget those stupid Athletic fit shirts. After a certain size, they should just make them regular. Yeah, faux fades are lost on me, but I do manage to wind up with them if they have characters I like on them... I just want a NORMAL shirt, that too much to ask?

Just imagine printing the Italian or German language version of a Muppet poster on a shirt. Now that's much cooler than any of the faux vintage stuff.
Not that that wouldn't be cool (I'd love to get my hands on a high res scan of the He-Muppet poster from Muppet Magazine), I just would tend to do that with a character that isn't commercially available on a shirt in the US... I'm dying to do a Doronbo skull logo shirt. I just need the right materials, an I wonder if the printer I have can do that.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm gonna buy this shirt tonight. I definitely have the same glasses Kermit's wearing. Plus, I feel like it fits me, seeing as I'm quite the geek (and I'm quite proud). :big_grin:

Pork

Reaction score
I'm gonna buy this shirt tonight. I definitely have the same glasses Kermit's wearing. Plus, I feel like it fits me, seeing as I'm quite the geek (and I'm quite proud). :big_grin:
Awesome! Where did you buy that shirt?

Drtooth

Reaction score
These shirts are pretty good, I guess (Gonzo would work better as a "geek" shirt, though, wouldn't you agree), but I saw a pretty cool one at Kohl's a couple days ago. It had the main 5 in stock photo form in a postcard with the Eiffel Tower on it. Almost got it too.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Pork, I got it off of ebay, but you can also get them at Walmart. The only ones on the Walmart were sized as juniors, and the ebay ones had women sizes, so I went with those ones.

I agree though. Gonzo would have been a better choice as the geek. And I originally went in search of a good Gonzo shirt too. Ah well.