The Beauregard Thread--For Everybody Who Didn't Get A Joke

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! Always wondered what that meant...:3

Love that one! It's one of the funniest moments of the whole episode, in my opinion. Poor Fozzie, it wasn't his fault he didn't get a laugh...well, that time, anyway.:embarrassed:
I DEFINITELY agree! It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nothing to add, but I always think this thread is addressed to me when I see it...Pfft.

Oh! Actually, there was one joke that took me years to hear which is "My frog turned on me..." "I had some bad tuna myself..." Haha! Nice.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Nothing to add, but I always think this thread is addressed to me when I see it...Pfft.

Oh! Actually, there was one joke that took me years to hear which is "My frog turned on me..." "I had some bad tuna myself..." Haha! Nice.
I always think it's addressed to you too Beau! Funny!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's something I thought of...

In the Sesame Street News segment with Rumplestilskin, when Rumplestilskin reveals his first name to be "Bruce", the millers daughter repeats "Bruce?" in disbelief and Kermit scrunches his face as if it's a bad joke. I don't get it.

Bruce Rumplestilskin remarks "An easy one and you blew it!" But how was that an easy one? Bruce is just as common a name as any of the names she guessed.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The joke is more in the word "manage"; the question that is really being asked is "How did you come to be born in Paris? What were your parents doing there?"
I don't know if you've seen the Muppet Show episode reviews at The AV Club, but the person who reviewed that episode didn't get the joke either.

Misskermie

Reaction score
What about the telephone pole thing? I don't get it!
"Who are you?"
"Mike Ozniwitzki"
"Oh, so you're the telephone pole!"

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I believe that joke is a pun on words: "telephone pole" like the actual one with wires, and "telephone Pole", as in Polish telephone. Ozniwitzki (or however you spell it) is a Polish last name.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What about the telephone pole thing? I don't get it!
"Who are you?"
"Mike Ozniwitzki"
"Oh, so you're the telephone pole!"
I didn't get that for years. Then I saw the AV Club review of the episode, and saw it say that it's a polish (or is it spelled pollish in this case?) joke. A "pole" is another term for someboyd from polland, and he's in the telephone, with a polish-sounding last name (though it's Frank Oz's full last name... I didn't think Oz was polish/pollish).