The Beauregard Thread--For Everybody Who Didn't Get A Joke

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. thank you.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Someone had to explain a couple of jokes from The Muppets to me.

"This is the frogs old office."
"Or so we've been TOAD."

From Statler and Waldorf.

Misskermie

Reaction score

"Or so we've been TOAD."

From Statler and Waldorf.
I understood this, but I think that the problem is that the joke really doesn't makr sense because frogs and toads aren't very related, except for amphibiously

Beauregard

Reaction score
I understood this, but I think that the problem is that the joke really doesn't makr sense because frogs and toads aren't very related, except for amphibiously
Hehe. I just thought he said, "So we've been told!" and then laughed for no reason. I felt it was totally out of character! I should have trusted them...tsk tsk...

The other joke that I didn't hear was Fozzie's "Oil bet that hurt!" -- I was like, Why is he suddenly laughing at Fozzie just saying, "I'll bet that hurt." Clearly needed to get my listening ears on! Sometimes the American accent does throw me off though.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score

"Or so we've been TOAD."
It's a decent enough word play pun, but obviously they've done better, lol.

Misskermie

Reaction score
What I didn't get was when Miss Piggy guest starred on So Random, and at the end, she pulled out her phone, and told Kermit to bring the car around, but then she said to keep the motor running... But I don't get how that's funny. It had to be a joke, because the audience laughed, and the laugh track went off!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
What I didn't get was when Miss Piggy guest starred on So Random, and at the end, she pulled out her phone, and told Kermit to bring the car around, but then she said to keep the motor running... But I don't get how that's funny. It had to be a joke, because the audience laughed, and the laugh track went off!
I didn't get to see Miss Piggy on "So Random!", but could it possibly be the situation that was funny rather than the joke?

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
In an early Season 1 episode of TMS, Kermit says "Think about this, folks." and drinks a glass of milk (with a straw, of course).

I've though about it and still don't get it (though I have a vague idea of how they got Kermit to drink the milk).

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
When I watched the episode, I thought he was telling us to thik how he managed to drink the milk. Of course, I could be wrong.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I have a theory.

Eye dropper that sucks milk through straw!

Ok, now shoot me down!