The Beauregard Thread--For Everybody Who Didn't Get A Joke

Nyperold

Reaction score
Oh, I was thinking the joke was that he's a frog, not a mammal, and therefore probably wouldn't actually drink milk.

What I didn't get was when Miss Piggy guest starred on So Random, and at the end, she pulled out her phone, and told Kermit to bring the car around, but then she said to keep the motor running... But I don't get how that's funny. It had to be a joke, because the audience laughed, and the laugh track went off!
I didn't see this either, but being Muppets, I would half-expect the motor to be a Muppet, as well, and perfectly capable of running as well as any bipedal.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
What I didn't get was when Miss Piggy guest starred on So Random, and at the end, she pulled out her phone, and told Kermit to bring the car around, but then she said to keep the motor running... But I don't get how that's funny. It had to be a joke, because the audience laughed, and the laugh track went off!
Generally, the phrase "keep the motor running" implies that someone wishes to make a quick getaway. It would seem, then, that Miss Piggy couldn't get out of the interview fast enough, which is why the audience found it amusing.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Um, on the Julie Andrews episode of the Muppet Show, what did Kermit mean when he said, "They'd love this show in Jersey." after Scooter asked Julie Andrew's cow who he belonged to? I didn't get it.

Hubert

Reaction score
Oh, I never got that either. I had no idea Jersey is a breed of cows. I just thought maybe the place had some old history with cows or something.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I believe that joke is a pun on words: "telephone pole" like the actual one with wires, and "telephone Pole", as in Polish telephone. Ozniwitzki (or however you spell it) is a Polish last name.
Oh my stars, I never thought of that joke that way before.